I Would like to call Attention to the Samsung Galaxy Note II Brightness Issue

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dawheat

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
No backlight means each pixel has to work harder the more you increase the brightness. OLEDs displays have a shorter shelf-life than LCDs. Also, the brighter anything is the more energy is used...

Well after owning a Note II for two days, I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the battery life and think a Note II user doesn't really need to worry about it, regardless of brightness (I have mine manually set to about 2/3 max).

My normal usage on my S3 included a couple hours or streaming music, checking work and personal email throughout the day, checking FB and surfing occasionally throughout the day, even an occasional video. After about 2 hours of screen on time - by late afternoon/early evening, my S3 would be down to <20%.

After a full day of usage (midnight now) + playing around with my new phone, with 3+ hours of screen on time, battery life is still 45%.

In comparison, my old iPhone 4S would normally get me to about after dinner and also be <20%.

And I suppose if I planned on using this Note II in 2017/2018, I'd have to worry about screen longevity. Luckily I plan on upgrading to the newest and greatest in <2 years.