I wonder.... How many Trump flip flops will it take?

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I wonder.....
I wonder what Trump supporters think of their guy now that Donald has flip flopped on illegal immigration?
The core issue that brought most of his supporters over to Trump in the first place.
If Trump allows the illegals to stay, a HUGE Trump flip flop on Trump immigration policy and promise, then will Trump eventually also flip flop on building the wall?

And what else will Donald flip flop on that his supporters originally loved about Donald?
What else and how far can Donald flip flop until his "people" (fans) turn against him?
I mean... if Donald is no longer anti illegal immigrant, and decides no more wall, flip flops on deportation, with the end to all of that then WHY EVEN SUPPORT TRUMP????
If Donald's people wanted a typical everyday flip flopping lying political, and Trump's flip flopping does in fact make Donald just another typical lying politician, then why even bother with the guy?

Trump people could have had Jeb Bush.
And Jeb would have undoubtedly done much better in the polls against Hillary than Donald.
Plus, Jeb would have had the full support of the republican old school establishment.
And Jeb, being fairly young, and fairly level headed, and fairly mainstream, and fairly conservative, and married to and having had children with a woman of Hispanic heritage.

Columba Bush

Jeb would most likely have surpassed Hillary in the polls and likely have been the next president elect.

But no.......
Instead, millions went with Donald Trump fully believing Trump meant what he said. That illegals were all murders and rapist, should all be deported, and kept away from America by that HUGE MASSIVE Donald Trump wall.
But now, none of that matters since Trump is changing his mind and flip flopping on his once hard lined philosophy.
So, for all those Donald Trump people, how does that make you feel about your guy now?
And with this new and revised, much more toned down Donald Trump, I have to wonder and ask why even bother with Donald Trump?

I doubt minds will be changed enough to switch and vote Hillary, but at least with Hillary you knew from the beginning she was a typical repulsive run of the mill politician.
With Donald, you are just learning that hard reality entirely from scratch.
That HUGE Trump wall just crumbled in around you, and there you are left holding the bricks.

Last edited:
Reactions: TeeJay1952

sontakke

Aug 8, 2001
The answer to your question is "Infinity"! It does NOT matter what he says or does. He is never going to lose his core support.

Just thank your lucky stars that he is having trouble attracting other voters. One can pray that Hispanic and black voters are at least slightly less dumb than his core supporters and they will see through his flip flop. If not, we are all doomed.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I think he will lose his core support.
Even Infinity has its limits.
And flip flopping on what he believed and what drew people to Donald in the first place should just about do it.
Trump could shoot someone in the middle of 5th avenue and not lose any support as long as he still built that wall. deported illegals, banned Muslims, and so on. But flip flopping on his core issues when everyone knows it was those core issues that brought people to Donald in the first place?
His base would revolt.
Flipping on his core issues would be the one thing and the only thing that could and would turn off a huge chunk of his support.

Donald seemed the teflon king. Nothing mattered as long as Donald kept on demonizing those illegals and Muslim Americans. But if Donald reneges on that, then what is there for his people to believe in?
The only thing that could possibly chip away Donald's teflon coating would be changing his mind on deporting illegals and to actually suggest a path to citizenship might be a good thing. Which, by the way, is exactly what Donald is now saying.

His followers may be in denial and in disbelief that Donald has softened, that probably has not sank in yet, but they just need ask his new campaign manager Kellyanne Conway.
Conway wants a more softer gentler mainstream Donald Trump.
Either Kellyanne Conway will get her way, or she will soon become just one of many Donald Trump wasteland victims.
That should be interesting to watch.....
And a good clue of what is to come would be closely watching Ann Coulter.
She is on the verge of total freaking out at the very thought Donald might be softening.
As Coulter said herself, "this could be the shortest book tour in history".
She was pissed.
And if Ann Coulter abandons ship, many others will surely follow.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Remember he said "I could shoot someone in the street and my supporters wouldn't care"

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
six.

no wait. four..

no wait.. thirteen.

yes. thirteen.

no. nine.

no wait. Trump has never flip flopped.

wait. wait wait. six.

see? no flip flop.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
"I like Trump because he's not afraid to say what he means. When he said he'd deport illegals when I started liking him, he meant just the ones that are criminals."

His followers will rationalize anything at this point.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
where has lk been? Its like ever since trump won the gop nom and started to fall apart lk has never showed his face again. his posts were hilarity.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
where has lk been? Its like ever since trump won the gop nom and started to fall apart lk has never showed his face again. his posts were hilarity.

He was here a few minutes ago, but he won't show his face in this forum because Trump's behind in the polls.....and falling.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
14022098_1270295682981540_4643781597041382160_n.jpg

Feb 4, 2009
I hate posting this because it lowers me to Trumps language using veiled threats regarding 2nd amendment people taking care of Hillary. I do feel its a relevant thing regarding Mr. Trump because he hasn't shut down the crazy supporters.
I heard this on the news earlier, a clip from a caller on Glenm Becks show.

The radio call turned “spooky” after “Nate” from Virginia was asked to explain how he can trust Trump to keep his promises when he’s already changing some of his policy positions.

“As long as he does the basic things, the foundational things, which is build a wall, he’s not going to have people like me coming after him,” Nate responded.

“So if he doesn’t build a wall like China, then he’s in trouble?” Beck said.

“Oh, he’s in so much trouble,” the caller quickly shot back. “You don’t even understand the backlash of us, the ones who are so frustrated and angry and tired of all the political stuff. We’re going to come after him personally. You know what I mean? We’re going to get him.”

The caller went on to issue a chilling warning to Trump about keeping his campaign promises:

“I’m just saying, he’s appealing to people who are very frustrated and angry. Their frustration and anger can only be subsided if he makes his promises true,” Nate said. “And he has a lot on his shoulders. Maybe he himself doesn’t even know how much. But if he doesn’t come through for us, he’s going to have bigger problems, bigger problems than what you know.”

**above text is not from this link**

Link with audio

http://www.glennbeck.com/2016/08/24/donald-trump-supporter-threatens-trumps-life-on-air/

Last edited:

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
I wonder.....
I wonder what Trump supporters think of their guy now that Donald has flip flopped on illegal immigration?
The core issue that brought most of his supporters over to Trump in the first place.

It pisses me off that trump is softening on illegal immigration.

I might just vote third party.

Feb 4, 2009

I think this about other issues only problem is by doing so you support more free trade which is a deal breaker to me.
Write in my be a better choice.

Feb 16, 2005

go get 'em tiger!

like drumpf has done anything but flip-flop on, well everything, since forever. But keep thinking he's keeping an even keel on his positions. :thumbsup:

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Ann Coulter's latest book is titled "In Trump We Trust," just released this week, and she's already had to admit that trust was misplaced. The rest of us could have already told her that. Trump is a con artist. The GOP could have had the exact same immigration policy with a more competent candidate.

Feb 4, 2009
Ann Coulter's latest book is titled "In Trump We Trust," just released this week, and she's already had to admit that trust was misplaced. The rest of us could have already told her that. Trump is a con artist. The GOP could have had the exact same immigration policy with a more competent candidate.

I don't know if it was sarcasm but I heard she said she may have to recall the book & stop sales.
What a massive FU she received from Trump. I hope Fox is ready for its FU if/when Trump starts a news network. I hope the RNC is ready for its FU when Trump doesn't fund raise and they lose the Senate.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
As long as the liberals insist on running Hillary the unindicted felon and participant in life long scandals and a fountain of lies. Operator of fake charities and foundations anybody will look better. The grievance culture liberals are comfortable voting for a criminal to forward their cause of endless grievance mongering.

Feb 4, 2009
Wow its almost like Hillary has a professionally run organization its like this was prepared in advance waiting for Trump to pivot. Her organization seems to be run like a business where people have assigned duties and they get stuff done its the opposite of a Cult following a figurehead.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ite-nationalist-support/ar-BBw3oXF?li=BBnb7Kz

Cue Clan Imperial Wizard saying:

“The reason a lot of Klan members like Donald Trump is because a lot of what he believes, we believe in,” a KKK Imperial Wizard says at the beginning of the ad.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
As long as the liberals insist on running Hillary the unindicted felon and participant in life long scandals and a fountain of lies. Operator of fake charities and foundations anybody will look better. The grievance culture liberals are comfortable voting for a criminal to forward their cause of endless grievance mongering.
You just prefer a different flavor of scandal-riddled liar, that's all.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000

ok so now we have the cranky old koots opinion on things.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
"He's just saying that to win over the moderate vote, trust me, Trump is a True Conservative(tm) and not a member of the corrupt Ruling Class(tm)"