I wish game devs would pick up the pace

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Blitzvogel

Platinum Member
Oct 17, 2010
AAA games are extremely complicated, requires large staff, heavy investment and very few companies can pull it off.

So yes, by definition big budget games do not come out very often.

And the only companies that have "high AAA output" are often sweatshops that don't treat their development teams and developers as well as they could.

Good AAA games need a 2 year development cycle minimum. Someone like Valve can have a high output since they have multiple teams and use a common engine that is easy to modify and program to the individual needs.

BD231

Lifer
Feb 26, 2001
Personally I can't keep up with all the games that come out every year, I know I miss some good ones over that fact alone.

Blitzvogel

Platinum Member
Oct 17, 2010
Personally I can't keep up with all the games that come out every year, I know I miss some good ones over that fact alone.

Winter and fall nostalgia always makes me want to go back my favorites from those times of year too......like GTA4, FEAR, Halo CE, Metro 2033 and Mirror's Edge. I have tons of games in my backlog, plus I spend so much time playing multiplayer titles as well.

ApexBoost

May 5, 2011
I generally find myself wishing the opposite, I'm tired of games being released full of bugs that make it unplayable. I'll gladly wait longer for a quality game with few/minor bugs.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
They already have picked up the pace. That's why so much of what releases is utter shit these days.