I will vote for GWB in 2004 IF............

Pennstate

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
3,211
0
0
He will invade N. Korea and get rid of its dictator. And this time, make the case PURELY on humanitarian grounds. Hundred of thousands of people are dying of famine. Even the most liberal activists, after working in N. Korea, have argued for removal of Kim by force.

As one arab journalist said

"...my objection does not prevent me from acknowledging, as I did many times in this column, that the demise of Saddam's regime would not have been possible without an American military intervention."

http://english.daralhayat.com/column/12-2003/Article-20031216-7ecfce4f-c0a8-01ed-0015-c5ec66dc8379/story.html

Kim can't be removed without American intervention either.


As a liberal, I supported the idea of removing Saddam. It was a matter of time. Had the world stood by for another 10 years of his terror, it would've been against the spirit of Humanity. "Evil Prevails When Good Men Do Nothing." However, I was very opposed to the timing and the planning(lack of) of the Iraqi war. We should've spent more effort in Afghanistan to finish what we've started.

I will gladly vote for GW if he has the guts to come out and say, KIM will be removed. N. Korea is much closer to obtaining nukes than Iraq or even Iran. The post-war logistics will be MUCH more easier since S. Korea will take care of it for us.

Comments?




 

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
6,944
2
81
Originally posted by: LordSegan
Um.. you enlist first?
Actually, being in N. Korea would probably be safer than being in L.A. or N.Y. if we invade.
 

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
12,895
1
0
Actually, I would prefer GWB invade China first and overthrow the godless commie bastards. N K will fall without the head. Like Mao said, to kill a snake, you cut off the head.
 

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
10,198
4
76
Originally posted by: Pepsei
Actually, I would prefer GWB invade China first and overthrow the godless commie bastards. N K will fall without the head. Like Mao said, to kill a snake, you cut off the head.
China can't really be considered a communist nation. However, it does remain authoritarian.
 
D

Deleted member 4644

Originally posted by: Shanti
Originally posted by: LordSegan
Um.. you enlist first?
Actually, being in N. Korea would probably be safer than being in L.A. or N.Y. if we invade.
ROFL/// I donno about that dude...

Are you suggesting we trade L.A. or N.Y. for a victory over NK?

....doesnt seem like a fair trade to me....

The real estate value of L.A. is probably 100x that of all of NK.
 

LongCoolMother

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2001
5,675
0
0
Originally posted by: Pepsei
Actually, I would prefer GWB invade China first and overthrow the godless commie bastards. N K will fall without the head. Like Mao said, to kill a snake, you cut off the head.
USA would likely never consider doing such an irrational thing. first too much business to lose. and second the US cant afford to lose the unimaginable # of american lives in an invasion. in fact, the country has stepped away from communism quite significantly already. thats how they are so rich.

NK though? why of course.
 

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
6,944
2
81
Originally posted by: LordSegan
Originally posted by: Shanti
Originally posted by: LordSegan
Um.. you enlist first?
Actually, being in N. Korea would probably be safer than being in L.A. or N.Y. if we invade.
ROFL/// I donno about that dude...

Are you suggesting we trade L.A. or N.Y. for a victory over NK?

....doesnt seem like a fair trade to me....

The real estate value of L.A. is probably 100x that of all of NK.
No. I'm just saying Kim is unlikely to drop a nuke on invading troops in his own country, but could very well be capable of hitting a major U.S. city in retaliation for an invasion.
 

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
62,365
14,676
136
I will vote for GWB in 2004 if..... If I've been lobotomized and the remaining bit of my brain thoroughly conditioned to respond favorably to the letter "R"...


"No. I'm just saying Kim is unlikely to drop a nuke on invading troops in his own country, but could very well be capable of hitting a major U.S. city in retaliation for an invasion."


And uhh, pray tell, just how would he deliver said weapon? Ox cart?
 

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
25,383
1,013
126
I'd be all for your plan if we could pull it off without most of Seoul being wiped out by counter-offensive artillery fire. Now if some of this SDI technology pans out like we're hearing stories about (e.g. systems that can destroy artillery ordnance in flight), i'll be the first one advancing the idea of taking out Kim Jong Mentally-Ill and his cronies.
 

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
17,033
1
81
Originally posted by: Pennstate
He will invade N. Korea and get rid of its dictator. And this time, make the case PURELY on humanitarian grounds. Hundred of thousands of people are dying of famine. Even the most liberal activists, after working in N. Korea, have argued for removal of Kim by force.

As one arab journalist said

"...my objection does not prevent me from acknowledging, as I did many times in this column, that the demise of Saddam's regime would not have been possible without an American military intervention."

http://english.daralhayat.com/column/12-2003/Article-20031216-7ecfce4f-c0a8-01ed-0015-c5ec66dc8379/story.html

Kim can't be removed without American intervention either.


As a liberal, I supported the idea of removing Saddam. It was a matter of time. Had the world stood by for another 10 years of his terror, it would've been against the spirit of Humanity. "Evil Prevails When Good Men Do Nothing." However, I was very opposed to the timing and the planning(lack of) of the Iraqi war. We should've spent more effort in Afghanistan to finish what we've started.

I will gladly vote for GW if he has the guts to come out and say, KIM will be removed. N. Korea is much closer to obtaining nukes than Iraq or even Iran. The post-war logistics will be MUCH more easier since S. Korea will take care of it for us.

Comments?
Do you support enlarging the US army by a minimum of 5 divisions, possibly a draft, possibly unilateral action and not bitch about the cost in lives and coin for such an action?
 

KGB1

Platinum Member
Dec 29, 2001
2,998
0
0
Maybe you're expecting a weak defense waiting for the American troops going through the buffer zone
NK army could likely be as strong and determined as Iraq's during the conflict in the 80's with Iran. Plus NK doesn't bother with international war rules, they'll shoot, nuke, gas every US soldier. Doesn't really matter to them (I'm not generalizing that the NK's are barbaric or inferior people, they just wouldn't show mercy and we better be prepared for it)

Also, maybe you don't remember the Marshall Plan and its mediocre success against NK in the first conflict.
 

Pennstate

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
3,211
0
0
any war against NK will probably have to be consulted with China 1st. W/O Chinese help, NK doesn't stand a chance
 

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
6,677
1
0
I'll vote for Bush if he switches to the Democratic party and pulls all troops out of every country in the world.
 

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
50,872
4,216
126
I'll vote for Bush when...

Well, come to think of it, I would never vote for him (again) :D
 

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Moderator
Aug 23, 2003
25,375
142
116
There's a problem with that. There's no oil in NK.
 

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
57,530
3
0
I'd consider it if he sh!tcans all the Neocons, Rummy, Asscrack and Cheney and tells the Ridiculous...err..the Religious right to shove it up their arse. Then he'd be like a lesser version of John McCain.
 

AnImuS

Senior member
Sep 28, 2001
939
0
0
we wont think of invading Nk till we have a high accuracy rate(using our missile defense system) of destroying a nuclear missile fired at SK/Japan. Action will only be taken otherwise if were attacked (USA or a close ally) Or if we can prove they sold important nuclear info/or missiles. And i truly doubt China will step in. Good thing the USA still owns the Skies. :D
 

Ferocious

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2000
4,584
2
71
Originally posted by: Pepsei
Actually, I would prefer GWB invade China first and overthrow the godless commie bastards. N K will fall without the head. Like Mao said, to kill a snake, you cut off the head.
Fat chance.

Walmart would never approve of that.
 

Teclis2323

Senior member
Dec 27, 2002
307
0
0
I would never vote for George Bush. Why is it that you seem so adamant about invading every country which doesn't share our ideals?
 

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
6,944
2
81
Originally posted by: Teclis2323
I would never vote for George Bush. Why is it that you seem so adamant about invading every country which doesn't share our ideals?
Hey now, he didn't advocate invading Canada yet.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY