I will never complain about ticketing convenience fees again

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
instead of sitting at home on my computer at 959am waiting to buy concert tickets, I currently am standing in a line one thousand people deep at the lovely 8 o clock hour for a chance to buy tickets 2-5 hours later. I paid $18 to park and $9 in gas.

Fuuuuuuu in person ticket sales.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
instead of sitting at home on my computer at 959am waiting to buy concert tickets, I currently am standing in a line one thousand people deep at the lovely 8 o clock hour for a chance to buy tickets 2-5 hours later. I paid $18 to park and $9 in gas.

Yanni isn't worth the wait or the price.

What's worse is when you get to the concert you find out it's "laurel." :eek:

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
I contemplated standing in line for the NIN tickets for Nashville. Then realized it's like 90 outside and there's no way I was going downtown that early with thousands of other people. I'll wait for the after sale or just stubhub it or something. I was very surprised by The Jesus and Mary Chains opening. Had no clue they still toured.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010

Soo...You are trying to get NIN tickets?

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
The only band I've waited a long time for was the Dead, and ya know, it didn't really matter if I got tickets or not. It was a good time regardless.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Get tickets?

f78696b275be86c2b5922ac590e39377.jpg

Nov 8, 2012
The problem is that electronically distributing ticket sales is (by this point) age old technology. So at what point did that mean the price of the "convenience fee" would increase from the past typical $1-5 fees - to where they are now of up to $15-25 for the convenience fee? It's all a load of shit.

Reactions: Ken g6

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
Any savings from whichever method will get used up on friends and new friends at the festival anyway. Better on them though.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
Sounds like a perfect time to practice your daily 15 min scrums

-Folks that wont leave. If they do decide to, you advance even FURTHER in line
-Loads of time

It's a Win-Win! ;)
What's wrong with scrum standups? If you dislike it, you (or team or scrum master) are doing it wrong.

Both of my separate teams love it. Get on the facking call with everyone + offshore, quickly communicate what you need from others + provide updates, etc. After 15 mins, you get off the facking call.

You seriously cannot be complaining about a 15 min call. I know I do plenty of lazy crap throughout the day - the 15 min all-hands alignment is the last thing I'd be complaining about.

One of my old white guy tech lead from the 80s that wrote COBOL loves the Agile standup. And he HATED waterfall SDLC timelines and governance.

Reactions: Ns1

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Yanni isn't worth the wait or the price.

What's worse is when you get to the concert you find out it's "laurel." :eek:

What's interesting is that video says at the end that if you can hear high frequencies, you hear Laurel.
BS. The Laurel sound is all low frequencies, so if you can hear high frequencies you'll likely hear Yanny.

I know the Laurel sound is there, I've listened to them overlapped and also separated. But no matter how hard I try, I cannot not hear Yanny and only Yanny when played like the linked clip. I just can't force my brain to hear Laurel instead of Yanny.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
What's wrong with scrum standups? If you dislike it, you (or team or scrum master) are doing it wrong.

Both of my separate teams love it. Get on the facking call with everyone + offshore, quickly communicate what you need from others + provide updates, etc. After 15 mins, you get off the facking call.

You seriously cannot be complaining about a 15 min call. I know I do plenty of lazy crap throughout the day - the 15 min all-hands alignment is the last thing I'd be complaining about.

One of my old white guy tech lead from the 80s that wrote COBOL loves the Agile standup. And he HATED waterfall SDLC timelines and governance.

oh cmon, you just like em because it's your whole job
7G3zITG.png

(btw if you missed it, mrblotto was making a joke reference to this thread by NS1 from last week)

Nov 8, 2012

Really depends. I come from types of projects that are very high-end scale as far as overall costs - think upgrading or changing ERPs in addition to other systems at the same time.

Scrum simply doesn't work with the magnitude of changes. Waterfall is simply the only way.

I agree, Scrum has its place in smaller scale projects though - ones where "go-lives" aren't as big of a deal and such. Also the whole concept of "standing up"... really is fucking dumb. I don't need to stand-up to understand the logic that you shouldn't dwell on any one topic of discussion for the meeting.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999

Maybe he means physical stand-ups? Where everybody stands together in a room?

I think a call is great first thing in the morning. They really help get your day organized.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
convenience fees are just a sham to extort more money for you. it's not like it really takes any extra effort to deliver them online. any good system should do that automatically.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
They have to cover R&D costs and the development of new ticket delivery systems. You have to look at the fees in terms of your quality of life.