I was ripped off by CVS

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Maybe it was considered 2 months' dosage? My son's inhaler was 32 bucks, 2 x $16 copay because it was 60 days worth.

Mar 20, 2004
Seems just about right for something like Brevoxyl. Its a tricky drug in the sense that insurance companies can either cover or not cover it, because it can be considered cosmetic, hence, the decision by your insurance company to make it a non-formulary drug. I'd suggest looking at your plan's formulary (call them up), and see what the deal is.

DeMeo

Oct 23, 2003
Originally posted by: Wduaqnug
Cream billed insurance $20.76, copayment $22 when it should be $10, and $20copayment is for most expensive like cancer treatment drugs. they should of said it was so cheap i would buy it without insurance

What's your copay for an elecutionist ? You sure could use one.

Siva

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2001
Tom Ryan's a dick! I'll be working at CVS this January while I'm away from school :(

Wduaqnug

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2002
will he care to reply

Your message

To: Ryan, Tom Subject: Hello
Sent: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 16:56:02 -0500

was read on Fri, 10 Dec 2004 16:29:21 -0500

xarmian

Apr 22, 2000
Originally posted by: DietSierraMist
Seems just about right for something like Brevoxyl. Its a tricky drug in the sense that insurance companies can either cover or not cover it, because it can be considered cosmetic, hence, the decision by your insurance company to make it a non-formulary drug. I'd suggest looking at your plan's formulary (call them up), and see what the deal is.

This is true. Plus, this wouldn't be CVS's fault. If they billed the insurnace company for the correct drug (hence with the correct NDC) and all of the submitted information was inputted correctly, then the insurnace company simply bounces back your co-pay. The pharmacy has nothing to do with assessing copayments or coinsurance amounts. So go cry to your insurnace company.

Plus, it's $10, just stop eating and you'll save the $$.

-Dave

Mandos

Banned
May 20, 2004
Originally posted by: Wduaqnug
Cream billed insurance $20.76, copayment $22 when it should be $10, and $20copayment is for most expensive like cancer treatment drugs. they should of said it was so cheap i would buy it without insurance

Thats what you get for not going through a classic pharmacy like the one I BILL FOR

Muahahahaha etc

gutharius

Golden Member
May 26, 2004
Originally posted by: xarmian
Originally posted by: DietSierraMist

This is true. Plus, this wouldn't be CVS's fault. If they billed the insurnace company for the correct drug (hence with the correct NDC) and all of the submitted information was inputted correctly, then the insurnace company simply bounces back your co-pay. The pharmacy has nothing to do with assessing copayments or coinsurance amounts. So go cry to your insurnace company.

Plus, it's $10, just stop eating and you'll save the $$.

-Dave

Also many insurance companies will contract at a certain price which is different than what you the consumer would pay if you would have bought it out right. So you probably would have paid more for it than you did anyways.

xarmian

Apr 22, 2000
Also many insurance companies will contract at a certain price which is different than what you the consumer would pay if you would have bought it out right. So you probably would have paid more for it than you did anyways.

Possible, but usually the price displayed by CVS is the cash price.. you never usually see contracted prices.

-Dave