I was dissapointed with bulldozer specs

Onceler

Golden Member
Feb 28, 2008
they have 2 integer units to 1 FPU counting this as 2 cores.
would this be a big deal to me? I do video editing and rotoscoping.
I have a hex core phenomII but am waiting to see if it will be worth it to upgrade.

Zstream

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2005
they have 2 integer units to 1 FPU counting this as 2 cores.
would this be a big deal to me? I do video editing and rotoscoping.
I have a hex core phenomII but am waiting to see if it will be worth it to upgrade.

*sigh* /facepalm

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
We don't need to make a new thread for every member who has something unsubstantiated ax to grind against a product they have not even seen tested yet, do we?

Surely any of the other existing over-hyped/over-bemoaned bulldozer threads could have been the recipient of the post in the OP without resorting to creating an entirely new thread, couldn't it?

Majic 7

Mar 27, 2008
Some of the comments in those threads are like listening to a wino blabber on and on about how great and wonderful Ripple is. And just about as coherent. Why do I keep reading them? I guess I can't live without the tic they give me.

DeathReborn

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2005
I remember the days when a "CPU Core" didn't include a FPU, that was extra.

formulav8

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2000
Yeah I had a 386sx which mainly meant it didn't have a math co-peocessor on it like the DX version did. I remember buying desktop dyno software when I was into circle track racing in Ocala, FL. I would run different cam profile changes and such to see the power curves each camshaft would provide. You talk about slow! The thing was such a dog in anything that required complex math. It was a Tandy 2500 SX? And it could run at 8? mhz or 20 mhz. :)