I want to ...........

BigRegDriver

Banned
Oct 11, 1999
Overclock a C466 on a genric slot kit wih Asus P3V4X, but can't do it beyond 525? What are the jumber sittings? How do you change the Voltage? I'm looking at the MoBo manual, but can't make things work. HELP!!

IceStorm

Feb 7, 2000
Left/right keys work in the BIOS to take you from page to page. The default jumper settings on the P3V4X allow everything to be controlled from the BIOS.

You have to put the speed setting into MANUAL mode in order to be able to select your own FSB speeds. AGP will automagically switch to 1/2 divider once you go past the 124FSB marker. VCore is controlled via an option on the same screen as the FSB adjustment.

The VIO jumper is next to the DIMM slots, beind a tall capacitor. It's near the CPU fan plug.

If that doesn't help, I can snap a few pictures of the BIOS if necessary, in a couple of days.

AndyHui

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member<br>AT FAQ M
Oct 9, 1999
Not a lot of C466s can do much past 525, since somewhere between 550 and 600 is the physical limit for them, as they are built on the .25 micron process.

The next speed up is 7 x 83, which is about 581....that's a real struggle to get to, without elaborate cooling and/or voltage tweaking.