I want to cry...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

stevty2889

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2003
Originally posted by: randay
how many of you are EVE vets?
how long have you played?
how much isk do you have now?

I've been playing since 2004.
As for ISK..not enough lol.

nsafreak

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2001

I guess I'd say I'm an EvE vet at this point
Close to 3 years
In just plain cold hard isk I have a bit over 600 million isk, my assets add up to a good bit more. I have a few faction cruisers (Ashimmu & Gila), various tech 2 ships (from AF to command ship), loads of tech 2 components, moon minerals, faction mods, officer mods, etc.

cirrhosis

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2005

I started in August '03 but have only been playing actively for about 3.5 years.

As for isk, about 800 mill in the wallet and 3 billion in assets.

Oct 25, 2006
Originally posted by: cirrhosis

I started in August '03 but have only been playing actively for about 3.5 years.

As for isk, about 800 mill in the wallet and 3 billion in assets.

Could I "borrow" 700 mil?

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
I started march 04
went from fix to bapwn to fix to toxin
sold my main and carrier alt ending of last year and have since gone purely industrial, though i do still have some pvp characters available to me POS warfare just kinda isnt interesting.
Ive got about 60b isk and 60b assets consolidated between me and my brother.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001

You still in 0utbreak?

Playing since July '04, with a few months break. I resubscribed after Trinity, and I'm not sure if I'll keep playing (I'm only semi-active now.)

3.3 billion isk, and I own a freighter, dread, carrier, and a number of BS, command ships, recons, etc...

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Kadarin
You still in 0utbreak?

technically yes, but not actively participating in campaigns.

Gotcha. I'm not affiliated with any alliances because I'm not really interested in drawn out POS sieges and whatnot. I don't have the time to commit to it, and it's not all that interesting anyway (except to read about).

Out of curiosity, how did you manage to amass all those assets?

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
You still in 0utbreak?

Gotcha. I'm not affiliated with any alliances because I'm not really interested in drawn out POS sieges and whatnot. I don't have the time to commit to it, and it's not all that interesting anyway (except to read about).

my brother farmed blood raider complexes for corpum mods then i took the 10b or so from that and eventually turned it into a massive t1 library, a couple of t2 prints, invention, rigs, capital mods, t2bs, and about 15 of that from selling my pvp characters.

we set out to sustain our pvp habits, then surpassed those goals and then stopped pvping. he would make money off our t1 library and i would reinvest my money back into the library and other money making schemes. it worked out well and for only 2 people(albeit like 10 accounts) i think we have done a thing here :)

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
You still in 0utbreak?

my brother farmed blood raider complexes for corpum mods then i took the 10b or so from that and eventually turned it into a massive t1 library, a couple of t2 prints, invention, rigs, capital mods, t2bs, and about 15 of that from selling my pvp characters.

we set out to sustain our pvp habits, then surpassed those goals and then stopped pvping. he would make money off our t1 library and i would reinvest my money back into the library and other money making schemes. it worked out well and for only 2 people(albeit like 10 accounts) i think we have done a thing here :)

Gotcha. That sounds like a hell of a lot of time invested in production and market research.

D

Deleted member 4644

Interesting.. I am starting an Indy corp in Amarr space with a Raven, Drake, Hurricane, Domi, Caracal and a few frig BPOs. Do you have any tips for me? If I have about 500 mil isk left over, what is the best way to invest it? Other than minerals?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: effee
Thats what I like about EVE, when you pop someone else's ship, especially an expensive one you get the satisfaction of seeing him hurt

You're what's called in MMORPG terms a griefer.

I have a real problem with griefers. I don't know if they're sociopathic generally, or just undeveloped or misdeveloped, or what, but I don't care for them.

The very language you use in calling that satisfaction shows the problem.

The best solution I know is probably to give the griefers their own games, their own plave to go and grief each other. EQ sort of did that with the Sullon Zek server, free for all killing.

Michael

Elite member
Nov 19, 1999
Craig234 - You can PvP in Eve anywhere you want and you lose your gear when you die. It is a game where "griefing" is a normal part of the game. Real griefing (harrassment) is banned, but blowing up random people's ships for the heck of it is all part of the fun.

The instant you press the undock button, you are at risk. No safe areas, just some areas safer than others.

Michael

Oct 18, 2007
Originally posted by: Craig234
The best solution I know is probably to give the griefers their own games, their own plave to go and grief each other.
They have their own game. It's called Eve online.

The fact that everything you own can be destroyed/taken is no accident. It's central to the design. There are countless games where winning or losing in PvP is effectively meaningless. Eve is not such a game.

Even scamming, inserting spys into enemy organizations, and theft, are allowed activities, so long as you aren't breaking the mechanics of the game.

Oct 25, 2006
Originally posted by: Slimy
The best solution I know is probably to give the griefers their own games, their own plave to go and grief each other.

The fact that everything you own can be destroyed/taken is no accident. It's central to the design. There are countless games where winning or losing in PvP is effectively meaningless. Eve is not such a game.

Even scamming, inserting spys into enemy organizations, and theft, are allowed activities, so long as you aren't breaking the mechanics of the game.

Seconded. Thats what I like about eve. Losing in eve has consequences that are above just losing experiance (which can happen if you're an idiot and don't update your clone)

I've gotten podded several times, and while I was pissed off, I realized that it was just part of the game, borrowed some money, and got back onto my feet.

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
Originally posted by: Deleted member 4644
Interesting.. I am starting an Indy corp in Amarr space with a Raven, Drake, Hurricane, Domi, Caracal and a few frig BPOs. Do you have any tips for me? If I have about 500 mil isk left over, what is the best way to invest it? Other than minerals?

i cant tell you exactly what you should do next without knowing other things about your operation, but sounds like you are on the right track, with good bpos. just keep making money and reinvesting it into more bpos or other ways to make money. and just run the numbers to find out whats worth investing in.

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
Originally posted by: tenshodo13
Originally posted by: Slimy

Seconded. Thats what I like about eve. Losing in eve has consequences that are above just losing experiance (which can happen if you're an idiot and don't update your clone)

I've gotten podded several times, and while I was pissed off, I realized that it was just part of the game, borrowed some money, and got back onto my feet.

this is one of the more unique qualities of eve, i love it as well, but it does have its downsides. it makes it hard for people to start the game. it also makes every other mainstream mmo out there look like hello kitty adventures.