I want this AV Receiver! But I don't know the model number!

777php

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2001
I recently got my Sony Rewards Catalog in the mail. I was looking through it and found this AV reciever which I have enough points for. I have been looking for a AV receiver so I can put together a home/PC audio setup, so me getting this for free (sort of) would be perfect. However I can't seem to find any information about the receiver on the sony.com/sonycard website or on the Sony Electronics website.

For those who have the catalog it is on page 35 under Home Audio and costs 32,900 points, so it should retail for around $300.

Here are the limited specs that were given:

5 channel Amp 100 x 5
Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic II and DTS decoder
6.1 channel decoding [virtual]
32-bit DSP
Digial Cinema Sound processing

The catalog doesn't mention anything about model numbers or anything so I'm stuck.

The catalog also states that it won't be available until Spring 2002, which is probably why I can't find any info on Sony's website. Does anyone have any information about this receiver or know where I may be able to find any info on it? Is it any good, will it be any good? Are there any websites that have previews of Sony audio equiptment

Gunbuster

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Try bestbuy.com they have ok pics of products

even then the pic in your catalog may just be a stock photo pasted on by some drone worker.

<<The catalog also states that it won't be available until Spring 2002>>

in my mind this translates to: available when sony comes out with the new line and this one is the overstock/EOL model