Discussion I want Amazon to let me buy everything with Dogecoin! Why can't I?

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I think that Amazon (and other e-tailers) should let everyone buy their stuff with Dogecoin, the world's favorite dog-themed cryptocurrency. Besides having a cooler mascot than regular money, it also has surprisingly low transaction fees... lower than Bitcoin or Ethereum!

Besides, Elon Musk likes it, and we all know much technology fans love Elon. He's already letting people guy Tesla swag with Dogecoin, and it's probably worked out well for Tesla so far. Newegg has been accepting orders with Dogecoin using Bitpay as well for some time now, and it seems to work for them. You don't even have to hold the Dogecoin with Bitpay, you can convert it to cash immediately on receipt.

So, what's the holdup here? You would figure that Andy Jassy and Jeff Bezos would be jumping all over this idea as a way to decrease their credit card fees.

Reactions: Shmee

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
What fantasy world do you live in?

Obviously, one where I can't buy stuff on Amazon with Dogecoin. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered to make this post!

If you don't like Dogecoin, that's fine... keep using your credit card. I just want some additional payment options.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
maybe you should make your own coin, then pirch Amazon on why your coin should be their official crypto going forward?

By the way, my brilliant advice costs you only half a point on the value of the "Amazon coin" you design and license to them.

Deal?

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Dogecoin is very cute. I used to mine thousands, maybe millions of them when they were new.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
maybe you should make your own coin, then pirch Amazon on why your coin should be their official crypto going forward?

By the way, my brilliant advice costs you only half a point on the value of the "Amazon coin" you design and license to them.

Deal?
That would be a cool coin.

Reactions: lxskllr

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001

Deal?

Yeah, I already did my own crypto coin a while back. My big mistake was pitching it to you guys when I should have been pushing it to tech influencers or Elon Musk :)