I used to work for this company...

manlymatt83

Lifer
Oct 14, 2005
I used to work for a really large telecommunications company up until August 1, 2007. It's now more than 6 months later.

Is it okay to buy their stock now?

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: mjuszczak
I used to work for a really large telecommunications company up until August 1, 2007. It's now more than 6 months later.

It is ok to buy stock even when you are still working for them.
The only reason you shouldn't buy stock is if you have information likely to affect the share price that is not in the public domain, i.e. "inside information".
If you do have such information no amount of time away from the company would make it ok to buy stock.

Unless you were privy to company secrets and unless those secrets are still secret and could affect the share price, you are ok to buy stock.

sandmanwake

Golden Member
Feb 29, 2000
If you have any such information, it'd be ok to pm me with said information...so that I can keep it safe for you.

manlymatt83

Lifer
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: techs
Originally posted by: mjuszczak

It is ok to buy stock even when you are still working for them.
The only reason you shouldn't buy stock is if you have information likely to affect the share price that is not in the public domain, i.e. "inside information".
If you do have such information no amount of time away from the company would make it ok to buy stock.

Unless you were privy to company secrets and unless those secrets are still secret and could affect the share price, you are ok to buy stock.

When I worked for them I wasn't allowed to buy their stock except for 1 week every 3 months.

SearchMaster

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2002
You should be fine. When my company was public, they basically said anyone that was not a "C" level was legally allowed to trade stock without disclosure.