I think i have a Money spending problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvidiaintelftw

Apr 4, 2011
I seriously think i have a money spending problem. I just cannot save no matter how many times i tell myself im going to save or stay ar least at $100 bucks in my checking. I guess its kind of hard the way gas prices are though. Has anyone else spend a lot of money regularly? Or on things you dont really need and could have been used for more important things??

Joseph F

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2010
*Waits for typical Alkemyst response of "I'm better than you because I've always got $100k in the bank".

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
I can help you. Send your money you want to save to me and I'll hold on to it for you. When you don't see the money in your account the urge will go away. If the urge didn't from that it should then cause you would have to really think it through if you want to spend that money cause you'd have to ask me to send it back to you.

I'm here to help.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
I seriously think i have a money spending problem. I just cannot save no matter how many times i tell myself im going to save or stay ar least at $100 bucks in my checking. I guess its kind of hard the way gas prices are though. Has anyone else spend a lot of money regularly? Or on things you dont really need and could have been used for more important things??

Have your savings get taken from your paycheck before it gets to you, into a separate ago. Similar to how your taxes are withheld.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Step one: do you understand WHERE every dollar goes every month?
If the answer is no (and it probably is), get some paper, find your bank statements and pay stubs, and get working. Find out where everything has gone. A couple months may be better depending on your billing cycles, but usually a single month is sufficient.
Go to Starbucks twelve times a month? Write it down. Starbucks (12), $whatever-the-total-is. Keep going. Buy gasoline five times? Same thing. Gas (5), $whatever.

Congratulations, now you have documented figures demonstrating WHERE your money goes each money. See where you can and should be cutting back. If you can't see it, post the list for us.

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
*Waits for typical Alkemyst response of "I'm better than you because I've always got $100k in the bank".

Shit man, I've got more than $100K in the bank too. Still, it helps that the Hong Kong Dollar is 7.78:1 USD... :sneaky:

Status
Not open for further replies.