I think i had the worst shower experience ever this morning...

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
So I hop in, grab my loofah (yea, i know..... but i like em and have used em for 5-6 years now) and put a decent amount of soap on it...

I wait till the shower gets nice and warm.... and as I look down and slowly press the loofah to my arm and begin to soap up, a freaking 1" spider comes crawling out of my loofah and onto the outer surface.

Now, i'm not one to normally freak out about bugs/spiders/etc, I've lived in FL long enough, but my lord, i haven't screamed that loud in years. When your not expecting it, wow... total freak out. My arms go flailing, I knock the whole damn shower curtain and rod down and I go running, naked, dripping, out of the bathroom and into the bedroom.

Ugh, I think i'm done with loofahs.

natto fire

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2000
Ok, I could understand the flailing and knocking the curtain rod down. But running out of the bathroom too, from a spider?

imported_Devine

Golden Member
Oct 10, 2006
No I'm pretty sure being in a prison shower when Bubba feels a little frisky would be worse. Yours definitely wouldnt be cool, but not the worst ;)

SSP

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Captain Howdy
Ok, I could understand the flailing and knocking the curtain rod down. But running out of the bathroom too, from a spider?

I would do the same thing if syringer popped out of my loofah.

Coquito

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Captain Howdy
Ok, I could understand the flailing and knocking the curtain rod down. But a loofah?

Fixed :)

My worst experience was when the pressure in the shower head stuttered, resulting in me shaving a slice out of the back of my head.

dugweb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2002
I've had a reaction to an unexpected bug like that too. I don't think I went running, but I remember thinking "judist, did you seriously just freak out that much over a bug?"

I guess instincts just take over or something, it's a pretty weird feeling when rational thought returns and you realize how happy you are no one saw you :}

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
I was in the shower a few days ago, and tried to blow my nose. I've had a low-grade sinus infection, so a cotton-ball sized wad of snot hit my hand, which was bright green and seemed to have some flecks of blood in it. I was quite impressed. My wife said she would've yacked had she been in the shower at the time.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: dugweb
I've had a reaction to an unexpected bug like that too. I don't think I went running, but I remember thinking "judist, did you seriously just freak out that much over a bug?"

What the hey is a judist?

Tremulant

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
Originally posted by: Chronoshock
I though DanTMWTMP's experience of getting peed on by his dad was pretty bad

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that tops almost all other bad shower incidents.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: aphex
So I hop in, grab my loofah (yea, i know..... but i like em and have used em for 5-6 years now) and put a decent amount of soap on it...

I wait till the shower gets nice and warm.... and as I look down and slowly press the loofah to my arm and begin to soap up, a freaking 1" spider comes crawling out of my loofah and onto the outer surface.

Now, i'm not one to normally freak out about bugs/spiders/etc, I've lived in FL long enough, but my lord, i haven't screamed that loud in years. When your not expecting it, wow... total freak out. My arms go flailing, I knock the whole damn shower curtain and rod down and I go running, naked, dripping, out of the bathroom and into the bedroom.

Dude, you are so gay...

ISAslot

Platinum Member
Jan 22, 2001
I would ask for your man card now, but judging from what i just read it's safe to say you never had one to begin with.

ebaycj

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2002
Originally posted by: aphex

I bet you'll check your loofah every time from now on.