I think I generated a truckload of bad karma...

Sir Fredrick

Oct 14, 1999
This morning (the morning of 2/05/2002, that is) was a very very bad morning for me.

At 6:30 AM, I awoke to the sound of someone pounding on my door. For some reason, I had been dreaming that these carpet cleaning salesmen were going door to door trying to get people to sign up to have their carpets cleaned. So when I heard the knocking, I assumed it was those sales people and figured if I ignored them they would go away. I rolled over and went back to sleep, slightly ticked.
2 minutes later, the person is pounding on my door again. WTF? I don't want any! grumble, roll over, go back to sleep. This happens about 6 times and finally I'm royally pissed.
They knock again and I shout "WHAT THE FSK!" loud enough to shake the walls in my apartment.
They responded quite meekly: "I'm sorry sir, but you left your keys in the door..."
God am I a dumbass. I shouted back "oh, sorry". by the time I got dressed and got to the door to get my keys, they (as in the person pounding on my door) were completely gone.
I feel bad for biting off their head like that, they were just trying to be helpful...plus I was a freaking idiot for leaving my keys in the door. (I guess I was just in too much of a hurry to get inside away from the cold)

I guess this is proof that it is NOT a good idea to wake me up early in the morning. I don't care if my car is on fire, if it's not a life threatening emergency, tell me about it later. :p

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
I know the feeling Sir Fredrick. My advice for you, sleep w/ one eye open as the person you cursed out will try to come over and rob you! Just kidding :D So, did you find your keys yet?

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
I know the feeling Sir Fredrick. My advice for you, sleep w/ one eye open as the person you cursed out will try to come over and rob you! Just kidding :D So, did you find your keys yet?

edit: Sorry for the double post :(

Sir Fredrick

Oct 14, 1999
lol yeah, I got my keys. When I said "they were gone" I meant the person, not the keys. I'll edit for clarity.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Well, since you have you keys, you may close both your eyes tonight, sleep tight :)

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Bah...I'm sure they got over it.

Ha ha, and I like the banter between you and fatbaby there

It really would be funny though to see someone post a thread here on ATOT saying "I went to tell some guy he left his keys in the door and the jerk yelled at me"

Jokeram

Golden Member
May 9, 2001

<<

It really would be funny though to see someone post a thread here on ATOT saying "I went to tell some guy he left his keys in the door and the jerk yelled at me"
>>

:)

gooseman

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
Sleep with one eye open my a$$!!! I sleep with BOTH eyes open! Don't trust anyone in my neighborhood!

ChinamanatNCSU

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2001
You dream about carpet cleaning salesmen? Hmm...

and yeah, I think a note would be a good idea. The person may live close by since they noticed your keys in the door, so they might see the note as well.

my $0.02

(And I'm sorry if I woke you up. Please don't yell...)

Calcio

Sep 28, 2001
Hey buddy, I got a delivery for you from BadKarma Inc. You just want me to back the truck up here.

y2kc

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2000
if that's all it takes to earn a truck load of bad karma I must have a Titanic sized boatload on my hands. No wonder my life sucks.

Sir Fredrick

Oct 14, 1999

<< Talk about karma, I think the main theme of my college years has been paying back karma plus a horde of interest.

If only I could get this kind of interest on my investments, I'd be a millionaire.

If the past couple of weeks are any indication, I'm not done repaying yet. :frown:
>>

I've already had to pay my first "installment"...I don't know how far in karma debt I am, but I hope this covers a lot of it.
The knob to control the temperature in my shower has broken, so I can only take cold showers. :(

flot

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
Hahaha.. some woma in my apt complex did that once.. I was walking by and thought I'd be a nice guy and tell her.. so I like knock on the door and nothing happens, knock again and I get this paranoid "what do you want? who are you?" kind of interrogation.. I was like.. uh... I just thought you might want to know that your keys are in the lock... and she like opens the door a tiny bit.. grabs the keys, gives me a paranoid look, then slams the door.

Very strange. Like i was going to attack her or something. Of course, the real irony was, _her keys were in the lock_ so it's not like I couldn't have just strolled on in.

Weird.

CKDragon

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2001
Too bad you didn't catch a name or anything, it would relax your mind if you could write them a simple note or something.

CK