I think I broke my computer

circusslaughter

Sep 4, 2013
Ok so my computer keeps freezing 24/7 and games randomly minimizing. I went and made it so only Microsoft items boot at start up. Games no longer minimize, but my computer still keeps hardcore freezing. I get 2 errors at boot up now, one is something about turbo boost help and another evo something help.

Also before all this crap started Glary Utilites uninstalled AI Suites II so I have no clue if that is why everything when to pot on my computer or if something else is causing all the problems.

I have AMD 6300 processor, Rosewill WiFi card, 550 watt PSU, 8gb RAM, Win 7 64 bit, ASUS m5a97 R2.0 AM3+ motherboard, Radeon HD 7950 3GB graphics card, and trend micro anti virus. The only that has been installed recently was the WiFi card, and that was about a week ago. I was having problems before that.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Ok so my computer keeps freezing 24/7 and games randomly minimizing. I went and made it so only Microsoft items boot at start up. Games no longer minimize, but my computer still keeps hardcore freezing. I get 2 errors at boot up now, one is something about turbo boost help and another evo something help.

Also before all this crap started Glary Utilites uninstalled AI Suites II so I have no clue if that is why everything when to pot on my computer or if something else is causing all the problems.

I have AMD 6300 processor, Rosewill WiFi card, 550 watt PSU, 8gb RAM, Win 7 64 bit, ASUS m5a97 R2.0 AM3+ motherboard, Radeon HD 7950 3GB graphics card, and trend micro anti virus. The only that has been installed recently was the WiFi card, and that was about a week ago. I was having problems before that.

Welcome to the forums.

I've never installed it but I wouldn't think AI Suites II being uninstalled would cause your problems.

You should test your RAM as that would cause the problems you described. Download RAM testing software; I've always used Memtest86 but there are others. Create a bootable CD with it and boot your computer from the CD. I'm fairly confident it's your RAM.

If the RAM passes my next suspect would be the PSU. Testing that would require that you have a comparable and known-working unit to swap w/your current one.

Hope that helps.

Virgorising

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2013
You din break yr computer. But that was cute.:)

Do you monitor yr temps? Would be good to know your core temps and what your card is running at, that is uber card and could be running hot....or yr CPU. I would rule out overheating first.

Do you overclock?

After monitoring and reporting yr temps, I might also try turning off Turboboost and see what happens.

Pls download and run latest version.....right column, top;
http://www.filehippo.com/download_speedfan/

Last edited:

circusslaughter

Sep 4, 2013
I can't do any of that without AI Suites II and idk how to reinstall it. That is the motherboard thing that monitors speed, temp, and allows me to customize my cpu and stuff.

Virgorising

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2013
I can't do any of that without AI Suites II and idk how to reinstall it. That is the motherboard thing that monitors speed, temp, and allows me to customize my cpu and stuff.

Just did fast delving re the AI Suite and most say it is unstable to begin with, forget should not even be used to overclock things.

If I understand it correctly, I do not see how getting a third party temp monitor would not work normally. After all, you do have sensors, yes? You did not kill/disable those when Glary uninstalled the AI Suite, right?

circusslaughter

Sep 4, 2013
Actually redownloading AI Suites which will get rid of the turbo and evo errors, well should. Hopefully will fix my computer. *fingers crossed*

Virgorising

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2013
Actually redownloading AI Suites which will get rid of the turbo and evo errors, well should. Hopefully will fix my computer. *fingers crossed*

So U used this, says everywhere, unstable thingy to try to do big overclocking?

Did you at least get Speed Fan and try to run it?

circusslaughter

Sep 4, 2013
I don't overclock but I need AI Suites apparently to have a WiFi card and without that when I installed the WiFi card but whole computer went to crap. I found it on the ASUS site :)

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Welcome to the forums circusslaughter.
How long has this issue been going on?
How long was your computer running without these issues?

Temparature monitoring, as Virgorising suggested, would be a good idea here. I would also be curious as to what speed your RAM is running (and what it is rated). CPUID CPU-Z can tell you this.

Virgorising

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2013
my fast boost bio has been uninstalled too

I seriously doubt Glary having "uninstalled" what is lame and unstable to begin with is yr issue. Which would mean, reinstalling it will not fix things.

Not to mention, Glary does not UNINSTALL anything. Pls go into programs and check. Or just use yr Start button and key it in.

And....far better to do things in the bios altogether than some circuitious way.

Last edited:

circusslaughter

Sep 4, 2013
Well I have turbo boost and evo back so I have to wait for the rest of AI Suites II to instal and reboot to find out if all my problems are fixed. Which as soon as AI was uninstalled my computer started having issues so yeah this will more then likely help.

BTW the last time I checked my fan speed and such, which was over 2 months ago, they said I was pushing everything to the max because I had it on performance setting vs energy saving or neutral.. Which I never really have had a problem with.

circusslaughter

Sep 4, 2013
All my drivers are out of date because I have not had AI Suites installed for awhile. Fail. That might be a big problem too.

Virgorising

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2013
All my drivers are out of date because I have not had AI Suites installed for awhile. Fail. That might be a big problem too.

Pls take deep breaths, do cat stretches and relax. Please, can you just first try to download Speed Fan and run it and report what it says?

Should take almost no time.

circusslaughter

Sep 4, 2013
CPU temp 95F

MB temp 73F

CPU Fan 2616 RMP

cha-fan 1 1313RMP

cha-fan 2 1245 RPM

cha-fan 3 1201 RPM

speed 3573 MHz

All I had to do was open up AI Suites no downloading anything extra onto my computer.

circusslaughter

Sep 4, 2013
Everything is running fine now that have AI Suites II again :D happy happy

So just realized I have AI Suites disabled in msconfig so if I need I just have to go open it back up there. Sweet.

Last edited:

Virgorising

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2013
Everything is running fine now that have AI Suites II again :D happy happy

So just realized I have AI Suites disabled in msconfig so if I need I just have to go open it back up there. Sweet.

Sorry, on way out, just caught this. Well! I am impressed, relieved.... but also confused.

I do not get how, being without this ASUS app caused yr symptoms at all. Forget, Glary uninstalls nothing ON ITS OWN unless you specifiically use their uninstall tool. DID YOU?

My only guess is, being without this thing somehow changed yr settings? Clock speeds, fan speeds?

Did you initially use the Suites to configure things on yr own?

But yr temps are excellent.

Hope the freezing is gone.....but truth be told, as per above, I wish someone would explain how the symptoms related to not having the app.

Gotta go.....be back next year.:cool:

circusslaughter

Sep 4, 2013
Do you think more ram would help my computer be less of a boggish mother trucker? Or more hard drive space? Or both? My hard drive is 80% full -__-

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Glad to hear things are going better. 8 GB of RAM is generally a pretty good number. What hard drive do you have, and how full is it?