I scored me an open box MSI HD 6970 Lightning on Newegg!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BababooeyHTJ

Nov 25, 2009
Why are AMD cards unplayable in GTAIV? HD6870 is faster than an overclocked GTX560 Ti in that game! HD6950/70 also have 2GBs of ram; so technically speaking they should do even better than the 580 1.5GB wrt draw distance.

Run it and tell me what you think. :thumbsup:

Trust me my GTX570 slaps around my 6950 in GTA4, the difference is night and day. It never ran properly for me with a 6870 either.

That was just an example of a couple of games, there are more. Like opengl source ports, mods like Morrowind's MGE seem to perform poorly with ATI cards, FSX, Lost Planet 2, etc. My point is at with the GTX580 it is at worst on par with a 6970 and those are the games that everyone likes to mention even if they artifact like crysis.

BababooeyHTJ

Nov 25, 2009
When? Were you on Windows 7? I haven't been able to run it properly since at least 11.10e. This is on more than one machine and there is a thread on another forum with people who seem to have the same issue. So, I doubt that I'm alone.

That doesn't change the fact that the op got an amazing deal.

Serradifalco

May 27, 2007
I just played Crysis for 2 hours... no problem at 8xaa very high settings. This card is more powerful than I imagined. I am still trying to find a second one. It apparently isn't as easy as I thought. I will keep you posted.