I punched & knee'd my girl last night in my sleep!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
Apparently, according to the wife, I slept strange last night (like furiously digging with my hands). I do remember some vivid dreams that were brought on by renting "Into The Wild" before bed....great movie by the way.

paulxcook

Diamond Member
May 1, 2005
I hit my wife in the face once while asleep. No wait, it was twice. Not in a row though.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Op, you better get some chocolate and flowers, get on your knees (both, not single) and play Boyz2men's End of the Road while you appologize profusely.

Quasmo

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2004
Apparently I slap my girlfriend in the face. I hog all the covers and I snore, something tells me we're getting seperate beds if we ever get married.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: meltdown75
don't take any lip from her. good job on pretending to sleep, i hadn't thought of that yet.

you are such an asshole. i spit coke all over my screen after reading that.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: Quasmo
Apparently I slap my girlfriend in the face. I hog all the covers and I snore, something tells me we're getting seperate beds if we ever get married.

if you have a blanket hogging issue just get a 2nd set for her, still sleep in the same bed no one freezes to death

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
I've done similar things before. I say that I am sorry on the outside and laugh on the inside.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Originally posted by: Xavier434
I've done similar things before. I say that I am sorry on the outside and laugh on the inside.

Referring to some surgery L&R threads, does it hurt less if you hit her in the breast? :eek:

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
My girl hit me right in the mouth with her fist once while she was sleeping.. Her mom was looking at me the next morning thinking I had done something wrong cause I had this huge swollen bloody lip :laugh:

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
If you were *really* like roy jones jr, she could have tapped you lightly in the jaw and you'd be out the rest of the night.

antyler

Golden Member
Aug 7, 2005
I pretty much punch my wife in the face at least once a week, sometimes quite more often. I usually just sleep right on thru and hear about it the next morning. haha.

ShadowOfMyself

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2006
Originally posted by: Zenmervolt
Anyone else remember the thread a long time ago about things one has done or said in one's sleep?

Like the guy whose girlfriend startled him and he jumped out of bed yelling, "HOLY HELL! ASSASSINS!!!"? Or the guy who was trying to wake his roommate up by telling him he was going to miss class only to have the roommate, still asleep, respond with, "I can't miss, I have guided arrow attack."?

ZV

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
Originally posted by: JS80
Originally posted by: meltdown75
don't take any lip from her. good job on pretending to sleep, i hadn't thought of that yet.

you are such an asshole. i spit coke all over my screen after reading that.
:D :beer: sorry about your monitor...

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: Aikouka
Originally posted by: Xavier434

Referring to some surgery L&R threads, does it hurt less if you hit her in the breast? :eek:

I don't think so. She hasn't expressed it at least. I don't hit often and it is never hard though.

altonb1

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
Originally posted by: torpid
If you were *really* like roy jones jr, she could have tapped you lightly in the jaw and you'd be out the rest of the night.

Quoted because I found humor in this reply.

Heller

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2006
Originally posted by: Ns1
I've elbowed my gf in the face before. numerous times.

I Know, thanks

oh wait, i wasn't supposed to say anything.... :eek:

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
First time my parents shared a bed, my mom punched my dad right in the face. He said he woke up suddenly, and wasn't sure if he dreamed that he'd been hit, but then as he started to wake up more, he realized that his face still hurt.

I might not be a pleasant sleeper either. Long ago, my cats stopped sleeping on the bed with me. They'll sleep on the bed so long as the lights are on, but once they go off, the cats go to the floor.

Talking - the only thing I've ever talked about while I was asleep was also while I was sleepwalking. I was apparently concerned about some damaged insulation on a benign wire.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: Jeff7
First time my parents shared a bed, my mom punched my dad right in the face. He said he woke up suddenly, and wasn't sure if he dreamed that he'd been hit, but then as he started to wake up more, he realized that his face still hurt.

I might not be a pleasant sleeper either. Long ago, my cats stopped sleeping on the bed with me. They'll sleep on the bed so long as the lights are on, but once they go off, the cats go to the floor.

Talking - the only thing I've ever talked about while I was asleep was also while I was sleepwalking. I was apparently concerned about some damaged insulation on a benign wire.

My wife punches me in the face in her sleep. It's quite painful yet amusing. She calls shens on me every time I tell her she does it.