i never paid much attention to Pelosi..

robphelan

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2003
Apparently, she's ultra-divisive because she's all the Repubs here at work can talk about.

Since I don't know much about her, I really can't speak to the subject.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: robphelan
Topic Title: i never paid much attention to Pelosi..

Topic Summary: why do people HATE her so much?

Only Republicans hate her so much because she is third inline to take the Presidency if something do forbid happened to both the President & VP.

Only Republicans hate her so much because she is a Democrat and a woman.

One of the main reasons Hillary lost.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Because she represents an ultra liberal constituency the Republicans use it to bash her.
The reall secret is that she was elected to her house leadership position because she has followed a centrist course and has led the House to the middle.

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

Only Republicans hate her so much because she is third inline to take the Presidency if something do forbid happened to both the President & VP.

Wrong. Pelosi is not third in line to the presidency. That honor belongs to the pro-temp of the senate, former KKK-leader Robert Byrd (D).

Arcex

Mar 23, 2005
She's a bit more liberal than the average Democrat which means more conservative Democrats will attack her in addition to the Republicans attacking her.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: QuantumPion

Wrong. Pelosi is not third in line to the presidency. That honor belongs to the pro-temp of the senate, former KKK-leader Robert Byrd (D).

So fourth? Either way Republicans scared of having a woman in charge.

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005

Pelosi as majorty leader of the house is actually 2nd in line for president. The pro-tempore is 3rd.

Anyway that is not any reason why republicans dislike her so much, I never even considered this fact.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
I voted for Obama AND I think Pelosi is a horrible representative... so all of your stereotypes are as stupid as you are.

robphelan

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2003
Originally posted by: techs
Because she represents an ultra liberal constituency the Republicans use it to bash her.
The reall secret is that she was elected to her house leadership position because she has followed a centrist course and has led the House to the middle.

ok, so she's more liberal than a normal Dem... what has she really done, though?

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000

ok, so she's more liberal than a normal Dem... what has she really done, though?

she has followed a centrist course and has led the House to the middle
And she has not used her position to push the agenda of her California constituency

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The Republican party is a paranoia machine that maintains power via bigotry and the demonetization of any who challenge their authority to rule. They are an ancient patriarchal psychosis that fears women.

DarrelSPowers

Jul 9, 2008

she has followed a centrist course and has led the House to the middle
And she has not used her position to push the agenda of her California constituency

Could you say that a bit louder? I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

:laugh:

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
I think the reason why most republicans despise her is because of her vehement opposition to the war, and her technically illegal act of traveling to and consorting with foreign leaders in an attempt to undermine the president.

robphelan

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2003
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
The Republican party is a paranoia machine that maintains power via bigotry and the demonetization of any who challenge their authority to rule. They are an ancient patriarchal psychosis that fears women.

from the 2 coworkers who always blast her, I can see this.. they're also Hillary haters & use the same argument for both of them - they're "divisive"

I try to get a real answer as to what is so divisive, but none is given.

zeruty

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2000

If that is true, please explain Sarah Palin.

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
Originally posted by: palehorse
I voted for Obama AND I think Pelosi is a horrible representative... so all of your stereotypes are as stupid as you are.

I think the answer the OP is looking for (and me too) is why is she horrible. I just realized myself that I dont like her, and yet I dont know why. I really hate the partisaned speach she made before the first bailout bill that pissed off all the reps... Not a good time to be a partisaned ass... But other than that, what did she do that sucks so badly?

robphelan

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2003
Originally posted by: palehorse

ok, then why do you think she's a horrible representative?

Arcex

Mar 23, 2005
I think the reason why most republicans despise her is because of her vehement opposition to the war, and her technically illegal act of traveling to and consorting with foreign leaders in an attempt to undermine the president.

Why is it that when a member of the same party does it people say "Good for them, helping set the course of international diplomacy?" but when its the other party it's an attempt to undermine the Presidency?

Let me ask you this, have 2 countries ever resolved their problems and differences by refusing to talk to each other?

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002

Now I like her a lil bit more =)

Someone had to do that and show we are NOT a country of George Bush's

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
Originally posted by: Arcex

Why is it that when a member of the same party does it people say "Good for them, helping set the course of international diplomacy?" but when its the other party it's an attempt to undermine the Presidency?

Let me ask you this, have 2 countries ever resolved their problems and differences by refusing to talk to each other?

Rome used to do it all the time by crushing the opposition :D

Nov 30, 2006

Read up on the no-drill bill fiasco...an "energy bill" that would have effectively resulted in no more offshore drilling. She drafted the bill in secret behind closed doors without any Republican input. She gave the bill to the House late at night and pushed through a vote in less that 24 hours...no one even had a chance to actually read the bill before they were asked to vote on it. She totally ignored the bipartisan enery bill that was being worked on for months prior and she never allowed that bill to get to the floor for a vote. She had the lights turned off in the House while they were working on it late one night. She bulldozed her no-drill bill through the House and it passed on a largely partisan vote. The bill was so bad that it was DOA when it arrived in the Senate.

Pelosi Announced This 2 Years Ago
?Last week, in a stunning display of democracy, the American people voted for change,? said Pelosi. ?Today, House Democrats have elected the leaders who will help take our nation in a New Direction. We will work together to lead the House of Representatives with a commitment to integrity, to civility, and to fiscal responsibility. This leadership team will create the most honest, most open, and most ethical Congress in history.?

Is this the kind of change America needs? Nancy Pelosi has an agenda and abuses her leadership position to further it. Her words mean nothing...her actions speak volumes. She's the epitome of what's wrong with our government.