I need webmasters!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

labgeek

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2002
Signed up... but don't seem to be getting the confirmation email. So I can't login...

cmdavid

Diamond Member
May 23, 2001
signed up also.. same username.. know a little bit about webdesign.. but nothing compared to the vast knowlege of what it seems you are already getting...

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Well, I'm not interested in joining right now, but one thing you might want to do is start with more generalized categories. By having so many even if you get one thread in each to be active, it looks more active by having 5 active threads in one category. Once you get lots of members you can change it and move onto more categories.

I would make a:

Marketing and promotion section
Off Topic section
Programming section
OS, tools, other section
General Section
Web Hosting

Keep the sections to a bare minimum right now and once you get atleast 50 new threads everyday, then start branching out the sections.

UnixFreak

Platinum Member
Nov 27, 2000
yeah, when looking at it, I am realizing that I need to slim it down. When I get the right combo I like, I'll do it. Actually, your suggestions are pretty much right on.

Right now, I'm only gonna spend another day or so working on the forums, and then start on the site itself. If any of you guys are interested in doing any articles, PM me, I'm going to install my news system, and build it up, so I can start putting the major content into it.

I also need a better theme, and need to work on that. What do you guys think of the current theme? I like how it works, but it wont come anywhere near validating, and eventually, I'd like the entire forums to be W3C complaint (maybe a pipe dream). The actual site will be, but not so sure about those forums.

Dannyboy, do you know anything about modifying vbulletin? Is it a fairly easy process? If I use it, I would like to be able to develop my own W3C compliant theme for it.

UnixFreak

Platinum Member
Nov 27, 2000
Sounds good. I am "good" with graphics, but not "great". I've done most of my own stuff, but I would surely be willing to have others do stuff if they can do a better job.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: UnixFreak
Sounds good. I am "good" with graphics, but not "great". I've done most of my own stuff, but I would surely be willing to have others do stuff if they can do a better job.
It's what I do for a living for quite a few years now. I work now for a large NYC book publishing firm.

UnixFreak

Platinum Member
Nov 27, 2000
I would like to thank everyone again for signing up. So far, 51 users and counting. This is gonna be good.

Now I'm working on the front page, and news system. Should be fun.

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Nice site. I'm currently developing a web accessible database using mySQL/php for a company project. Found a couple of good informative tidbits on your site that are quite helpful.

UnixFreak

Platinum Member
Nov 27, 2000
Nice site. I'm currently developing a web accessible database using mySQL/php for a company project. Found a couple of good informative tidbits on your site that are quite helpful

Sweet, glad to hear it. If you get hung up on anything, PM me, I may be able to help ya with it.