I need to burn 250 CDs

Fraggable

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2005
My brother is getting married on Dec. 15th and he asked me to burn CDs of the music that will be at his wedding. He is a composer so he wrote the music in Sibelius and used his University's recording equipment to 'record' the music using prerecorded instruments and then emailed me the MP3's. I don't know why I wrote that because no one cares.

Anyway, I decided on LightScribe CDs since labeling looks cheap and ink is expensive. I have nearly finished burning the labels into all 250 CDs. I did this using 2 LS DVD burners and using 2 Windows logins to run 2 copies of the SureThing labeling application. Each label took 15 mins to burn.

Now I need to record the music to the CDs. I can use WMP and it works great, but I can only do 1 at a time. I have 4 CD burners in there and would really like to use them all at once or at least 2 of them. Is there some software out there that can do this?

All 4 drives are on the ATA interface, my hard drives are SATA.

Fraggable

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2005
Originally posted by: PHiuR
do you have multiple computers?

I have a desktop with 2 burners and a laptop with one but I don't want to use the laptop.

And Mage, yes Lightscribe burners can burn images to the surface of a LightScribe disc. Go to lightscribe.com

mcvickj

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2001
Originally posted by: ViviTheMage
this is kind of off your topic, but I have 2 NEC lightscribe DVD burners....and those can BURN an image onto the CD???

Sounds about right.

"The purpose of LightScribe is to allow users to create direct-to-disc labels (as opposed to stick-on labels), using their optical disc writer. Special discs and a compatible disc writer are required. After burning data to the read-side of the disc, the user simply turns the media over and inserts it with the label side down. The drive's laser then etches into the label side in such a way that an image is produced (see below)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightscribe

oCxTiTaN

May 7, 2004
Thus the trademarked name of Lightscribe...a technology of burning labels onto the reverse side of a cd...:p

Fraggable

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2005
Originally posted by: thirdeye
Originally posted by: Fraggable
Originally posted by: thirdeye
I believe Nero allows writing to multiple drives at once.

I have Nero but I can't find a way to do it.

There's an option on the final dialog box before you click burn to "Use Multiple Recorders"

Have you tried that?

I can't find it. Could you post a screenshot or something?

I'm using Nero 6.6.0.19

EDIT: I found in the help file that that option is only available in the retail version. Mine came with the burners so I guess it's not retail.

Fraggable

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2005
well Nero is letting me run multiple sessions so I guess I figured it out. Thanks for the help.

MScrip

Dec 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Fraggable

Each label took 15 mins to burn.

15 minutes each? Yikes! If you ever need to make that many copies of a CD, I'd suggest an inkjet printer for labeling. Using inkjet printable CDs, a capable printer such as the Epson R200 prints on the disks in about a minute each.

Inkjet Discs

I sell 50-60 DVDs every couple months, and the inkjet DVDs look great. I burn them one at a time... but my next purchase will be a DVD duplicating tower!