I need help overclocking Haswell Pentium G3258

SickBeast

Lifer
Jul 21, 2000
Hi Guys,

I recently bought a Pentium G3258 and an Asrock H81M-HDS motherboard. I have been trying to overclock the CPU but I'm having some strange stability issues. The chip is stable in the Intel Burn Test both at 4.2ghz at 1.175v and at 4.4ghz at 4.3v. My temps are decent, topping out in the 70s at 4.2ghz and around 90C at 4.4ghz.

The issue I'm having is that sometimes I will get a BSOD during a cold boot into Windows. It seems random. Also, sometimes it's going straight into the BIOS during a cold boot, and then if I save and exit sometimes it will just loop right back into the BIOS.

All I have done is set the multiplier to 44 and changed the voltage, everything else is left at auto. I have found that if I change some of the overclocking settings in the BIOS it will no longer boot.

If any of you have any ideas or suggestions I would really appreciate it.

Flapdrol1337

Golden Member
May 21, 2014
I think the most important settings are the core voltage and multiplier and the cache voltage and multiplier. Maybe you need a little more cache voltage.

I find it pretty hard to determine stability on my G3258 as well, tested with LinX and 8 hours prime, but then the system hardlocked in a game.