I Need a Steam Game Suggestion for My Father

NoWhereM

Oct 15, 2007
I've purchased both Peggle games and both Zuma games on Steam for my father. He loves them, he's got around 1,000 hours in on the original Zuma alone.

I want to get him another game on Steam for Father's Day but I don't know what to get him. I would appreciate any suggestions of games that are similar that I can buy on Steam. It basically has to be self explanitory. I've purchased some other games for him but if he can't figure out how to play within a couple of minutes he simply won't play them.

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Would he like the Bejeweled games? Not really similar to either Peggle or Zuma, but fun and simple to pick up.

PvZ is a good suggestion too.

NoWhereM

Oct 15, 2007
I think he has World of Goo. I gave him an Indie Pack, but it doesn't show which games were included on my purchase history page so I don't know which other games were included.

Bejeweled looks like the kind of game he will play for hours at a time. I think I'll wait and see if they have a Father's day sale this year. I was thinking they did last year but I'm not certain.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
Plants vs. Zombies is a pretty simple game that you can easily sink hours of your time into.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
I think he has World of Goo. I gave him an Indie Pack, but it doesn't show which games were included on my purchase history page so I don't know which other games were included.

Bejeweled looks like the kind of game he will play for hours at a time. I think I'll wait and see if they have a Father's day sale this year. I was thinking they did last year but I'm not certain.
I don't know if they'll have a Father's day sale or not. Last year they had a summer sale from (IIRC) June 24th - July 4th. Since Father's day is so close to that, I would be surprised if they had a separate sale for it. I'm expecting a similar summer sale this year.

It sounds like PopCap games are just what your father likes. Here's a list of what Steam has from PopCap:
http://store.steampowered.com/publisher/PopCap Games, Inc.
As you can see, the aforementioned Bejeweled and Plants vs Zombies are both PopCap games and I bet your father would probably enjoy either one.

gorobei

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2007
i'd recommend one of the earlier Bust-a-Move games, but not available on steam.

NoWhereM

Oct 15, 2007
He has Luxor 2, but didn't get into it. I gave him civilization III complete and several other games just to see what would interest him. If it isn't as simple as point and click, one level after the next, he just doesn't seem to be interested. He also doesn't like games that move to fast. So far I don't think he's moved past level five on the original Zuma but he does keep playing, both that and Zuma's Revenge.

NoWhereM

Oct 15, 2007
Oh, and a question about Bejeweled to anyone who has played them. If that is what I end up getting him should I get him the original or 2 or 3?

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Rush is a good puzzle game, same with Toki Tori (don't let its cute appearance trick you)

NoWhereM

Oct 15, 2007
He has Toki Tori, I think that might have been in a package of several games. I got him to add me as a friend on Steam so I can see what he has played and Toki Tori has been less than one hour.

Draknahr

Jul 22, 2007
I'm going to add to the recommendations for PvZ. I think I sank like 65 hrs into that game. Bejeweled is also a good choice.