I need a new mouse :)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bruceb

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
There was a list of which mouse worked with which receiver, but I can't fnd it.
You might try using your MX1000 base unit as the receiver. You would need to
do a Reset on both it and your new Mouse so they sync up. I am not sure if the
charger in the MX1000 is the same as for the MX Revolution. You may need to
ask the Logitech forums about that part.

SniperDaws

Aug 14, 2007
Originally posted by: bruceb
There was a list of which mouse worked with which receiver, but I can't fnd it.
You might try using your MX1000 base unit as the receiver. You would need to
do a Reset on both it and your new Mouse so they sync up. I am not sure if the
charger in the MX1000 is the same as for the MX Revolution. You may need to
ask the Logitech forums about that part.

ive just tried it but theres not reset button on the MX Revolution, although i did get it to charge off the mx 1000 charger. somone wants sacking for the seperate reciever and charger design of the Revolution.

also when i have it in Auto mode for the scroll wheel is it supposed to automaitcally switch to free scoll soon as i go on a web page? because mine does and maybe i dont want to flick past 300 posts on a forum maybe i want to just click down a little bit.........wtf have i bought?

HomerSapien

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2000
I like the mx revolution, when it works.

I get a ridiculous amount of interference with it, particularly, the mouse hangs at times.

I am using the ubertech or something drivers which actually adds more functionality than the setpoint program

SniperDaws

Aug 14, 2007
Originally posted by: HomerSapien
I like the mx revolution, when it works.

I get a ridiculous amount of interference with it, particularly, the mouse hangs at times.

I am using the ubertech or something drivers which actually adds more functionality than the setpoint program

Yeah even with the reciver on the extension lead its still jittery somtimes, its not as responsive as my MX 1000, i think ill be taking it back tomorrow because £50 is a lot of money for a mouse that is no better than a cheap and nasty one. i might just buy another MX1000 and have done.

Its back in its box and reay to go back.

SniperDaws

Aug 14, 2007
im using my old MX1000 and its working flawlessly and is so much better than the MX

revolution, anyway i thought i post a link here in case anyone has any doubts about buying

an MX Revolution.

http://forums.logitech.com/log...e_mice&message.id=5360

ive just been reading through and OMG there are so many complaints regarding logitechs mice even the wired mice are stuttering and stalling.

SniperDaws

Aug 14, 2007
Originally posted by: DocHolliday
Originally posted by: AstroManLuca
I have an MX Revolution and I love it.

The mouse is horrendous and ill never own one again.........lol

i just hope ill be happy with the Razor DeathAdder because Razer have a lot of Gaming mice so its a case of choosing the right one........ill probably hate the DeathAdder aswell.....lmao

:)

EDIT: i got the Death Adder this morning and all i can say is its the best mouse ive ever used, and a damn site cheaper than that piece of gimmicky shite Revolution.

Jawo

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005
I got the Revolution on sale last year for about $60 AR. It is by far the most comfortable mouse I have ever used. The battery last forever, and a 5 minute charge will usually last at least an hour. I really like the programmable center button (behind the scroll wheel)...I have it to close the current window...better the alt+F4!

Calculator83

Banned
Nov 26, 2007
You're all mice n00bs..'

There are only 3 choices and they're all logitech because of its somewhat unconditional warranty. Razer breaks,, fuk you,, Logi breaks,, you get a new one.

Mx 518 - 1000hz capable
G 7 for wireless ONLY wireless mouse that is 500hz capable
G 5 for lazr, and is up to 1000hz capable

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I think the MX Revolution is basically the same as the MX1000 for all intents and purposes. It shouldn't be laggy. Try tweaking your config.

Edit:
Whoops, I didn't realize there was a page 2. I guess you got it figured out. If you were going for wired I would have suggested a G9. You said you didn't like it, but once you get used to the odd appearance, it's a pretty good mouse. I like heavy mice, so it's nice being able to customize the weight. If they made it in cordless, it would be perfect.

SniperDaws

Aug 14, 2007
i have quite large hands and im a palmer when it comes to gripping my mouse, i had a play with the G9 in PC World and it was too small and god its so ugly.....lol

i love my deathadder now but my only gripe is although the drivers state Vista 64bit support i cant change any of the settings so im using default drivers which still give me 500Hz polling and 1800dpi and i cant turn of the blue lights either.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
The Razors are a bit too flat in profile for my taste. I have fairly big hands also, and I didn't care for the default "skin" on the G9. It also comes with a large skin that I find much more comfortable. There's /supposed/ to be other skins released, but I don't think anything is out yet. All that said, my favorite mouse is still my old MX700. I had to replace it because some of the buttons were going bad, but if they still made it, I would have gotten another.