I need a new desk

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

xeemzor

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2005
I was lucky enough to get the Jerker accessories at Ikea just as they were trying to clear them out. Bought 10 rotating side shelves for $4/unit and 2 extra big shelves for $5/unit. :D

Juno

Lifer
Jul 3, 2004
Originally posted by: xeemzor
I was lucky enough to get the Jerker accessories at Ikea just as they were trying to clear them out. Bought 10 rotating side shelves for $4/unit and 2 extra big shelves for $5/unit. :D

i hate you. :(

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001

what are you doing wit hthe spares ?

I could use like 2 more swivel side mounting shelves.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Anubis
Originally posted by: silverpig
I used to use desks until I started using a table like this one.

Just go to a furniture store and buy a plain old solid wood table. You'll have plenty of room for everything.

not wide enough

Oh surely you can find a table wide enough to suit your needs... :roll:

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
Call your local county office and ask them when they have their county auctions.
Here they have them about twice a year.
At the last one they had over 10 desk, they measure 6 feet long by 3 feet deep , all metal construction with a 2" thick formica top.

Its the kind of desk you used to see in offices.
They weigh about 250lbs, but have file drawers, locks, and just generally built like tanks.

How much did they sell for ?
15-20.00 each.

So for 15.00 I got a desk that holds my pc, several monitors and more storage than I could ever use.

xeemzor

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2005
Originally posted by: isekii

what are you doing wit hthe spares ?

I could use like 2 more swivel side mounting shelves.

Gave 2 of them to a friend who helped me move all the accessories. The other 8 I used on my Jerker. I'd offer to sell you some if I had some extras, but I don't really. Keep looking for them, as the shelves really do add quite a bit of usability to the desk. It's finally allowed me to have my computer desk be both functional and clean.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: Modelworks

Its the kind of desk you used to see in offices.
They weigh about 250lbs, but have file drawers, locks, and just generally built like tanks.

i have one of those now and its a POS, mainily because its old

i just ordered this actually
http://www.everythingofficefur....com/60debufuofpr.html

pretty much exactly what i need, more expensive then the ikea one but ive used/installed these for my college back in the day and they are nice and sturdy and big