I need a minimalist Keyboard and mouse, similar to the mac ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSiege

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2004
Just something small, like a laptop keyboard, I dont need a 10 key, but its fine if it has it, I just want a small foot print

any ideas?

TheSiege

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2004
I prefer wireless, and I would like the keyboard and mouse seperate, I didn't want the apple one because it was so expensive and would prefer it not to be BT, it will be used when I dock my laptop and I don't want to have to turn BT on each time I dock

jasonlovesanandtech

Oct 9, 2019
Just something small, like a laptop keyboard, I dont need a 10 key, but its fine if it has it, I just want a small foot print

any ideas?
To this day, my absolute favorite keyboard is the Perixx Periduo 707:
  • Laptop sized footprint, no 10-key, but with dedicated page navigation keys, which is a must for me.
  • Comfortable medium sized wheel mouse. Comfortable defined as "the iPhone SE is comfortable for my hand."
  • Wireless 2.4ghz. The range is average. After about 5ft away keystrokes get iffy.
  • Relatively minimalist: there's no gimmicky buttons or extra lights. Just a brand logo (meh) and Fn/function keys.
  • Cheap: it's still about $25-$30 online.
  • I love the piano black finish, but that's just me. (I do have to wipe it down once in a while to enjoy that shine.)
  • Amazon licensed this keyboard's full-size brother for their AmazonBasics line.
I've owned two of these keyboards since 2009. My first keyboard & mouse set still works perfectly, except for the wheel on the mouse doesn't register moves reliably anymore. Otherwise, they're in great shape.

The set isn't perfect, though:

• Mouse battery life is terrible. I have to replace the AAA batteries every month. The keyboard AAA batteries last 2 to 3 months. Buy rechargeables!
  • The mouse feet collect desk dust fast. I have to wipe the feet down every week.
  • The mouse is an old school laser sensor, not an optical.
  • Good/bad: the receiver supports connecting to other keyboards. Awesome if you need to travel between multiple locations and you only want to run one dongle. Bad if you're all about that 2.4ghz encryption thing.
  • There's clearly a space on the keyboard for status LEDs, and the product photos clearly show blue LEDs for caps lock/num lock, etc. But neither keyboard I own lights up :/
The 707 is the keyboard I swear by. It's simple, to the point, nice to use, and only gives me a minimum of fuss. I'm sorry I'm 7 years late in my reply. I forgot my password.

Status
Not open for further replies.