I Need a Game!!!

Damaeus

Nov 1, 2007
I am freaking bored. SO bored that I whipped out the old game-boy pocket and played Zelda for 3 hours. Im seeing some of the new games that have released recently or are releasing soon and wondering which one I should get.

What are your guy's opinions? I have these games on my mind (but feel free to suggest any that I dont mention): Orange Box (particularly TF2 and Portal), Crysis, The Witcher, Hellgate London and Call of Duty 4.

Only one account per person. Use the "kadean" account.
AnandTech Senior Moderator: oldsmoboat

natep

Sep 27, 2005
Orange Box.

Also, my feelings about Al Gore are varied, both positive and negative.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Hellgate:London is the MOST addictive game i played this year ... 50 hours into it with 3 characters.
--Forget the MMO part ... the SP is AWESOME .. and there is serious replay value ... but you gotta love "hack & slash" RPGs. :p

i actually set down Ep2 - near the end ~1-1.2 hour or so to go - to play HGL and i haven't looked back
:Q
-btw, Ep2 IS exceptional and way better then Ep1; i look forward to finishing it [someday] ... Portal just didn't do it for me as a puzzle game.

i am really looking forward to the Witcher AFTER the early adopters pay atari to finish beta testing it for them ... by then, i figure it will be not only *polished* - but also bargain-bin .... Win-win

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Get a PS2 and enjoy a couple of thousand hours of JPRGs?

GameTap to play Jericho, Overlord, Tomb Raider, Sam & Max, and old classics you might have missed like Baldur's Gate 1-2 and Planescape: Torment?

Orange Box makes sense. Aside from it the only PC game I'm looking forward to right now is a patched version of the NWN2 Mask of the Betrayer expansion.

JimiP

May 6, 2007
I second natep. Orange Box is a great value - Portal is FUN!

Call of Duty 4 this Monday - Can't freakin' wait! Crysis on the 16th and UT3... whenever that comes out. Haven't checked up on that one for awhile. I haven't tried Hellgate: London but I hear good things.

kr00lplatinum

Nov 2, 2007
If you like FPS games I would suggest Call of Duty 4 which will be out for the pc and 360 on 11/5/07. I've already got my copy. If you want to save money and you like RTS games get the WarCarft III Battle Chest. Then you can download the DotA mod or play tons of other mod games, hours and hours of fun.