I need a Cell Phone....

RDMustang1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2001
As far as quality goes, I have tried pretty much every brand (not every model), and I find that Nokia gives the best all around quality (of phone and service)..

MWink

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Motorola Startac or Timeport. I don't like Nokia, too much radiation.

Bulldog7000

Dec 18, 1999
I really dig my Nokia 8290....only thing that sucks is that it is Digital only so if you go on a road trip and get out in the middle of nowhere, you're SOL... otherwise DIGITAL is the bomb!

Get the 8260 it's a bit thicker than the 8290 but it's dual or tri band (analog/digital)

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
I would visit Point.com first select your zip code, then choose Verizon then they'll show you the phones they offer. I also recommend Nokia, there's a reason they're number 1, they kick ass.

PCResources

Banned
Oct 4, 2000
I have had several Nokias, and they all sucked, if the weather was a bit too humid, they would crap out at some point during the day...

A friend of mine tried once used one in the rain, it died completely, and no refund, you are not supposed to get it wet, Nokia admitted that the moisture of your hand can cause the phone to short out, they do not give refunds for that either, so if you got a Nokia, wipe your hands before you answer...

Now i have a Siemens M35I, and it is the best phone i have ever had...

I like Motorolas and Ericssons too, because they are robust, but none of them can beat the M35I...

Patrick

Kntx

Platinum Member
Dec 11, 2000
I have a sanyo scp-4500, it does the trick. Big bright display, has internet on it, nice and clear (the clearness depends more on the network than the phone though).

I'm on clearnet btw.