I need a blender!

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Check your local department stores next time a sale goes on. I got my Oster Classic blender (with food processor attachment, metal and glass carafes, etc.) at a great discount from Macy's during one of their seasonal sales.

BTW, what are you using the blender for? If you do a lot of ice crushing or just a lot of use, try to avoid ones with plastic bases or common brands such as Sunbeam or Krups. They suck. Cuisinart is good but only mildly reliable and overpriced, Oster is fantastic, there are some other smaller brands which are phenomenal but you'll pay for them.

Check Epinions for more reviews and stuff.

Jugernot

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
What are you going to be using it for? I recently bought a couple hoping they would crush ice, but neither worked well. Then again... the most expensive model I bought was $40.

Nefrodite

Banned
Feb 15, 2001
if you want to make one smoothie for yourself everyonce in a while i g uess u can handle a cheapie. mine smells funny after chugging through some hard ice though

joohang

Lifer
Oct 22, 2000
I'm going to Walmart tomorrow to just grab one that looks decent. I bought an icecream maker so I need one to crush fruits.

wfbberzerker

Lifer
Apr 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Nefrodite
if you want to make one smoothie for yourself everyonce in a while i g uess u can handle a cheapie. mine smells funny after chugging through some hard ice though

that means your motor is burning out.

monk3y

Lifer
Jun 12, 2001
I got one from Walmart. It was just $10 but it's lasted me 4 months now. Plus Walmart takes anything back as long as you have the box so I figure if anything ever does go wrong with it... I can just take it back and get another one.

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Two choices, Oster or VitaMix. We have both at home; our Oster is 20 years old still going strong. VitaMix is $400; 2 hp.

Nefrodite

Banned
Feb 15, 2001
yea thats pathetic, its an osterizer or hwatever brand too:p glass not plastic, so not that cheap.