I must summon the power or ATOT: HELP ME FIND A TOASTER!

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
and not a working one.

I want to make a toaster PC and I need a good "case". I'm hoping to find an older looking toaster, on the bigger side, with lots of chrome. Lights would be cool too!

Where do I look? Ebay and etsy were no help.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
First things first: Are you planning on having sex with this toaster? Follow up question: Are you planning on marrying the toaster?

Obsy

Apr 28, 2009
MOBA gamers and concert filmers tend to use toasters, so you can start by asking them

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
why in a toaster?

Well you see...

I was custom forming some kydex to a foam flying wing and while I was burning the shit out of my fingers I thought about how warm and toasty it was. The IT monkey was up here looking through my pile of computers looking for something and I said "We should make a toaster PC".

That was around lunch time. Since then we've pretty well got the logistics figure out. Now I just need to find the right toaster.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Try to find one of these used - Breville.
bta830xl_hr_image1_a12_oct.jpg

It's a brushed stainless steel case and already has buttons and led's.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
If you want an non-working toaster wouldn't it be easier to just leave the bread in the bag? :confused:

Thrift stores are always the answer.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
A decent toaster is hard to find these days for a real price that works right.

*edit* ah NM, you're doing other things :)

Last edited:

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Yea goodwill good place. My brother went to a goodwill store over in Muskegan MI last time we were up there because he tore his pants, and needed another pair. He found a too small sized hat that said "captain" on it with a picture of an old wooden ship wheel, but, it was a crappy cheap baseball cap style hat. it was like $1, and he thought it was hilarious due to its excessive kitschy nature.

To appease the humor of the man who is not fat, but who sometimes slit his pants open sitting, I wore the hat for several days, at a highlands festival in Alma MI, and around Grand Rapids Michigan ...

It was a hillarious and awesome road trip. One of the best times I'd had in years.