I miss neowin..................................:(

Mrburns2007

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2001
How long have they been down for now? I usually check it out for tech and software news, oh well long live neowin!

neomits

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
yeah a few days ago I was cruisn around and they were having lots of problems. I guess they just decided to shut down and figure out what was going on. I like to look around their forums for info on how to furthur customize my desktop.

btw eplebnista, both those links timed out for me :(

eplebnista

Lifer
Dec 3, 2001
The links were working when I posted , but I guess they are just having problems with their host(as indicated in the threads I linked).

EDIT: To clarify, their host is having technical problems.

Mrburns2007

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2001
Announcement
After a lot of talks, thinking and reflection we have decided to part way's with Hosttyme.
This is a mutual agreement and there are a number of reasons relating to hosting and the cost. Neowin has grown a few times over since Hosttyme decided to host us and that is where the cost is starting to become an issue. We will not accept donations or turn Neowin into a business (agreement) with Hosttyme.

We are exploring options and will continue to do so while the interest to continue is still there. We have a great community and I have faith.

We are closing the site for now but my email will continue to work for the time being. I want to wrap this up by requesting that our members respect what Hosttyme and Tyme have done for Neowin and not email them with further questions or harrasment. We thank Hosttyme for their support and wish them well.

Neowin Admin | Contact us: Neobond, Redmak or Voodoo

neomits

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Mrburns2007
Originally posted by: bleuiko
what's neowin?

You poor ignorant bastard!

haha yeah what he said

its pretty much a technology news site and they have good forums there as well. Different kind though. A lot of XP themes come outta there. Just a cool place

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
They are now hosted by "Snoke" in the Neatherlands. Wonder if ApexII can drop by and say "Hello from Anandtech!"