I might get a tetanus shot (2nd one in like 2 years!)

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
The hospital where I got my shot says it will take around 14 business days to process my application! All I frickin want is a record showing that I got my shot. Grrrr.

So great looks like I have to go have another shot so I can sign up for classes tomorrow.

Any downsides to having 2 tetanus shots so close together?

Legendary

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2002
Your arm will hurt like a b!tch. I thought tetanus shots were supposed to last 10 years though...

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Originally posted by: Legendary
Your arm will hurt like a b!tch. I thought tetanus shots were supposed to last 10 years though...

they are and I might have had one 5-6 years ago as well.
The problem is nowhere has my record and the hospital which I know has my record said it will take 14 business days to process.

I dont have 14 business days so I have to go get another shot so my school will let me sign up for classes.

overdose on the tetanus shot

uberman

Golden Member
Sep 15, 2006
This time get yourself a yellow international travel vaccination identification card. They enter the immunization, the date, and provider. I have all my vaccination records for the past 35 years. It's important for travel and diagnostics.

Aug 9, 2006
It's really not a great idea to receive a vaccine like the tetanus one so often, but honestly I don't know what you would do in this situation.

Too-frequent tetanus boosters actually may interfere with the immune reaction and/or
may also cause local or systemic allergic reactions.

Something to consider.