I lost my Dragon Age Origins game

Slowhand

Mar 21, 2011
Hi everyone. I'm hoping you can help me solve a problem. I used to love playing Dragon Age and recently I thought I would play it again
but when I went to load the game it did nothing. So I thought I must have uninstalled it. Then I started searching for the original download site.
I think it was Origin or BioWare but I can't remember for the life of me where I bought it.

It is a totally legitimate digital down load and I'm frustrated that I can't find where the download site is.
Anyone have any advice how I can track down this awesome game? If I can't find the download site I'm going to have to buy it again.
So you see my dilemma. I would happily buy it twice - it's that good, but if I can save the $20 at Steam that would be great! :(:D

Thanks for your time

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Not really sure what you're asking...

You want us to figure out where you bought the game? If you remember when you bought it, scour your credit card statements from that time period.

Unfortunately there is no magic bullet for figuring out which digital distro service you used to buy the game. No "find my game" program that will locate it for you.

Steam autumn sale is on, likely has a deposit discount for DA Origins.

Slowhand

Mar 21, 2011
Thanks, I was mainly wanting to know where the game was originally sold.
I know they had there own company, I think it was Origin.
My problem is I don't know where I bought it.
On the forums, I was just trying to see if anyone knew where it was sold,
then I could find the company and re download it.
I think I bought it around 2014-2015, but it's too much trouble to go through bank statements
in my opinion. Oh well, if know one knows the answer I'll just buy it from Steam this time :D

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
Have you tried signing into EA Origin to check your game library? Although I think DA Origins predates EA making games only available through Origins so it could be on GoG or Steam too. Possibly even Amazon? But if you did buy it digitally you should be able to find it somewhere.

Reactions: paperfist

Slowhand

Mar 21, 2011
Thanks everyone. Well I got impatient and bought the game on Steam last night for $7.50 black friday discount.
I was listed at $30. I do have a follow up question: do you think my ini file from my original install is hiding on my hard drive somewhere
and I could copy it into my new install ini and keep all my settings........probably not, huh? LOL

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Thanks everyone. Well I got impatient and bought the game on Steam last night for $7.50 black friday discount.
I was listed at $30. I do have a follow up question: do you think my ini file from my original install is hiding on my hard drive somewhere
and I could copy it into my new install ini and keep all my settings...
.....probably not, huh? LOL

It might be in your Documents > My Games folder, but if it's years old you might have upgraded your video card or display since then.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
i consider this one of the best values in RPG - I spent hundreds to buy it, and then DLC after DLC as they came out, on the PS3, and thought it was pretty much worth it, before then seeing it come out on a 'huge discount' of only $50-60 on Steam, and re-bought there but almost never actually played on PC, so feel good about the regular $5-$7.50 sale price it hits!

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
yeah, it pre-dates Origin, and I think, GOG; so the only digital distribution platform for it on release was Steam.

But then, if it isn't in your steam library, then you obviously didn't buy it from steam.

Oh you got it 2014-15? You probably got it through Origin, though I know Steam still has access to sell DA:O and DLC content. But then if you didn't get it from Origin, Steam, or GOG, then who knows? As long as you have an account with any of those, it will still be available in those libraries.