I live in a country that puts babies in cages

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Thank you, AG Sessions and President Trump, for killing any sense of pride I had left.

Apparently we have to keep babies and children in cages longer than the lawful 72 hours, because we don't have the capacity to hold them in the "proper” detention facilities. Sessions blamed a surge in asylum seekers rather than the arbitrary zero tolerance policy mandated by Trump. Remember, these aren't just illegals... these are asylum seekers being separated from their children at the border. The latest plan is to start holding these kids on military bases.

One US Senator attempted to enter a facility and confirm the condition of children (some under 2 years old) detained longer than 72 hours, behind bars, away from their parents. He was denied entry, as ICE is afraid of photos of babies behind bars making their way to the media.

The UN High Commissioner has accused the US of violating basic human rights. Strongmen Putin, Maduro, KJU and Duterte would be proud.

But hey, Trump voters, you just go on claiming the moral high ground for being pro life. Assholes.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ted-parents-are-stuck-border-stations-n878696
461b930ecfca33ee4f90a244dd5f2f98.jpeg

Reactions: MajinCry

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Are they leaving those buses parked out in El Paso parking lots, with the windows closed?

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
best part of the article...

"What's happening now is a broad indication of a total lack of planning or forethought for the policy they enacted," said Peter Boogaard, a former DHS and White House official in the Obama administration who is now a spokesman for the immigration reform group FWD.us. "They didn't think this through at all — what it would mean for kids, for their parents and for the operational challenges."

Nov 25, 2013
best part of the article...

"What's happening now is a broad indication of a total lack of planning or forethought for the policy they enacted," said Peter Boogaard, a former DHS and White House official in the Obama administration who is now a spokesman for the immigration reform group FWD.us. "They didn't think this through at all — what it would mean for kids, for their parents and for the operational challenges."

I suspect that it's not so much that they didn't think it through as it is that they simply don't give a shit.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
My, my, such a raw display of emotion. Anxiety of all sorts woven together in a mishmash of thoughts that is certain to reel in the usual suspects because it's all based in feelings.

If the post is based on the linked story, the post falls apart. Right out of the gate the story, through its subtitle, says that its about unaccompanied migrant children. Anyone that needs to should look up the word 'unaccompanied'. The story then goes on to mix in feelings with some slanted reporting. The usual bullshit.

The OP wraps it up with a picture that has been proven to not be what the proggies believe it is. Oh and if it was a bus for transporting children without the car seats? Holy shit, the outrage would have been astronomical.

I have two nuggets of advice for the OP. The first is show us how serious an issue this is to you and move out of the country that you hate so much. Really make us believe. Barring that, take in as many of these unaccompanied minor children as you can. Put that misguided bleeding heart to good use. Show us how much you truly care.

Your words are accomplishing nothing. Your feelings are shortening your life.

7 Ways Anger Is Ruining Your Health

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
It seems dirty politics and "think of the children" isn't just a republican/conservative tactic to score political points.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/1500-m...ren-federal-government-fact-check-2018-05-29/
But that was far from the only controversy about immigrant children this week. Some liberal activists incorrectly tweeted photos of young-looking immigrants at the U.S.-Mexico border in steel cages and blamed the current administration's policy of separating children from their parents. Mr. Trump seized on that error.

The photos were taken by The Associated Press in 2014, when President Barack Obama was in office. The photo captions reference children who crossed the border as unaccompanied minors.

Early Tuesday, Trump tweeted: "Democrats mistakenly tweet 2014 pictures from Obama's term showing children from the Border in steel cages. They thought it was recent pictures in order to make us look bad, but backfires. Dems must agree to Wall and new Border Protection for good of country...Bipartisan Bill!"

The immigration debate has reached a fever pitch in recent months following reports that since October about 700 children crossing the U.S.-Mexico border have been separated from their parents.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
My, my, such a raw display of emotion. Anxiety of all sorts woven together in a mishmash of thoughts that is certain to reel in the usual suspects because it's all based in feelings.

If the post is based on the linked story, the post falls apart. Right out of the gate the story, through its subtitle, says that its about unaccompanied migrant children. Anyone that needs to should look up the word 'unaccompanied'. The story then goes on to mix in feelings with some slanted reporting. The usual bullshit.

The OP wraps it up with a picture that has been proven to not be what the proggies believe it is. Oh and if it was a bus for transporting children without the car seats? Holy shit, the outrage would have been astronomical.

I have two nuggets of advice for the OP. The first is show us how serious an issue this is to you and move out of the country that you hate so much. Really make us believe. Barring that, take in as many of these unaccompanied minor children as you can. Put that misguided bleeding heart to good use. Show us how much you truly care.

Tell us about all the health issues you had from 2009-2016

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/senato...detention-center-refugee-children-2018-06-04/

They are using an old walmart in Texas as a detention facility for kids. And the same assholes that were screaming about Jade Helm, are the ones that voted for the douche canoe and chief behind this. I will not hold my breath waiting for them to condemn this.

So the Walmart that was supposed to be a staging ground for the "Final Solution federal takeover of the people!" (whatever that was supposed to mean), is now actually a federally-arranged baby prison...but it's very popular among the worst of the worst examples of humanity in this country.

Interesting times...

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

I think you misread my feelings... Not hard since you obviously have no moral compass. It's not just anger... it's a profound sadness over what we have become.

No, I don't want to leave. I will fight to ensure this doesn't continue. To me, those is worse than rounding up Japanese and putting them in internment camps. I don't care about the technicalities of citizen vs. non-citizen as in this instance they don't apply. It is about right vs. wrong.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
With a proper wall the flow of these illegals would slow. And if it's on an expired Visa then there should be documentation as to where the children belong, whose country and family they should be returned to. That'd make deportation a lot easier.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
With a proper wall the flow of these illegals would slow. And if it's on an expired Visa then there should be documentation as to where the children belong, whose country and family they should be returned to. That'd make deportation a lot easier.

Or we could stabilize their nations by ending the drug war so they don't have to come here in the first fucking place.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

No, it wouldnt.

The vast majority of them come here legally to work because the average American employer thinks minimum wage is too much and the average American worker thinks he's too good for manual labor. After they get done with their 6 month or one year work visa they just dont go back.

Reactions: MajinCry

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
As I said before, any Americans participating in this should face Nuremberg trials but for this to end the democrats are going to have to present to what is left of decency in the country a message it will vote for.

Americans have no voice. They have no way to act quickly. We have too little civic participation. So we slide into fascism. And to think how we imagine we respect the generation that not so very long ago won a war against it.

Reactions: colonel