I just washed my cell phone...*PICS*

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: pray4mojo
Would it have mattered if the cell phone was ON when it went in?

I guess it does...

You don't understand electricity and circuits do you? I can tell by your lack of ability to identify that screw that you are not mechanically inclined. Not a flame, just an observation.

pray4mojo

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2003
Originally posted by: Millennium
Originally posted by: pray4mojo
Would it have mattered if the cell phone was ON when it went in?

I guess it does...

You don't understand electricity and circuits do you? I can tell by your lack of ability to identify that screw that you are not mechanically inclined. Not a flame, just an observation.

Sorry, I've been living under a rock for the past 50 years.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
water + time = corrosion. ive learned this the hardway with keyboards. take apart immediately to dry and it can be saved, otherwise, u f*xored. 24hrs for my keyboards circuits to corrode, quite sad.

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
water + time = corrosion. ive learned this the hardway with keyboards. take apart immediately to dry and it can be saved, otherwise, u f*xored. 24hrs for my keyboards circuits to corrode, quite sad.

would alcohol help to clean it?

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
heh...I've done that before.

Verizon is the Shiznit though..they have a clause for such incidents...got my phone replaced in a few days at no charge.

kozman31

Jul 1, 2002
I dropped mine in a fairly deep puddle once (completely submerged the phone) and another time got it completely drenched (had to pour water out of it). Both times it made a full recovery, good as new. Just let it dry and don't turn it on.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Water+LCD=:(

You can always get a new battery but the display is probably toast.

virtuamike

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2000
Soak it in DI water and then let it dry (you need to get rid of all the junk in there).