I just realized something for the first time ever.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Ice Wraiths are completely immune to Fus Ro Dah.

That was a huge waste of time and health potions.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Something ELSE I only just realized after all these years:

Skyrims physics are tied directly to frame rate. I got a nice ASUS ROG this summer and only just started replaying Skyrim. It looks nice at 144hz but the physics go crazy. Stuff shoots all over the place and it makes the game difficult.
Using an external frame limiter does NOT fix the problem. I had to go back and re-enable V-sync in all 4 ini files.
Game is not as much fun now.

Also, even though I'm at war with the imperials and they attack me near their camps, a scouting party was kind enough to help me fell a blood dragon. And they didnt even attack me afterwards!
:D

Scooby Doo

Golden Member
Sep 1, 2006
Yaaaa... don't go above 60 with Skyrim, things can get wonky and even dangerous! i.e. death by small object flung around.

PrincessFrosty

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2008
www.frostyhacks.blogspot.com
Didn't know about the ice wraiths, that's interesting.

The frame rate in all the recent Bethesda games either built with the new Creation Engine or the predecessor the Gamebryo engine have the engine tick rate related to the frame rate, that means as the frame rate increases so does your movement speed and the physics becomes out of sync with the world which results in objects flying all over the place, this was a terrible problem for me in Skyrim, all you can really do is enable Vsync and set your refresh rate to 60hz, you can do this with Nvidia drivers by setting custom resolution/monitor profile.

It's really one of the worst parts of the engine, it's even worse at low frame rates where the world slows down and it feels like input samples do as well, everything becomes slow and inconsistent. I hope it's something they improve before their next big game, it seems unlikely given it's a problem inherent to the engine.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Sounds like the good old days, when you had to turn off your XT clone's turbo setting back to 4.7 to play games. And then when you finally built that shining 10 MHz AT clone, everything you had became unplayable. I thought we were long past that time.