I just found that I have a mild form of a personality disorder

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
Were you actually diagnosed by a therapist/doctor, or did you diagnose yourself?

jagr10

Golden Member
Jan 21, 2001
People always have to come up with some stupid diagnosis for them having self esteem/confidence issues.

skim milk

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2003
Originally posted by: Whisper
Were you actually diagnosed by a therapist/doctor, or did you diagnose yourself?

I came across the page.. and read the whole thing. I am EXACTLY like that.

:frown:

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: fritolays

There's another word for what you are...hypochondriac.

dc

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 1999
think i have some disorder like that too. probably a more severe form. heh.

/me shrugs

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
give me a fvckin break
rolleye.gif

killface

Golden Member
Aug 17, 2001
Everyone has some "personality disorder" to a certain extent. It's called having a personality.

DannyBoy

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2002
www.danj.me

That's a shame, i'm totally the opposite.

Unlucky for you :beer:

kthx

p.s. In other words you're a loner? right?

Get over it and join a lot of other people in the world, loner.

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I'd be more interested in finding those who don't fit some esoteric social disorder. I sometimes think people reading these lists of symptoms are like the lemmings at political conventions:

"That's me!"
"Wow, me too!"
"I empathize!"
"You understand me!"

I see that you have two choices: Go find a sympathetic doctor who will medicate you in an attempt to normalize your social abberations, or simply call yourself eccentric and leave it at that.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I'm so "normal" that it's like a personality disorder in itself.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: killface
Everyone has some "personality disorder" to a certain extent. It's called having a personality.
or lack thereof... :p

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Read about it here

I thought it was just shyness but it's more than that.

http://open-mind.org/SP/Articles/1c.htm
Bah!

I was extremely shy as a young man (late teens - early 20's) and there is only one cure for it. I found a very extroverted friend and then constantly hung around with him. It worked like a charm. After a month I was picking up women like crazy. Before I was way too scared to talk to females. I have no problem talking to crowds, strangers, etc...

Or as an alternative: get a job in a place that requires constant contact with the public. That will also make you more at ease with people.

Good luck dude.

Black88GTA

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2003
I read that whole page. Unbelievable. That describes me to a T. :(

I thought I was just shy. Guess you learn something new every day.

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
If you take 100 people and have them all examined by psychologists, there's going to be something, however small, "wrong" with each of them.

The thing is, almost none of these "problems" need any correction beyond us probing our own limits. You can either let these things become problems or you can get over them.

ZV <-- Mild Asperger's

DannyBoy

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2002
www.danj.me
Originally posted by: Zenmervolt
If you take 100 people and have them all examined by psychologists, there's going to be something, however small, "wrong" with each of them.

The thing is, almost none of these "problems" need any correction beyond us probing our own limits. You can either let these things become problems or you can get over them.

ZV <-- Mild Asperger's

I have asperger's syndrome too, whoopie doo :beer:

Thing is, i made my ways around it and, now i'm just like any other person in the world :)

Jan 18, 2001
Originally posted by: DannyBoy

ZV <-- Mild Asperger's

I have asperger's syndrome too, whoopie doo :beer:

Thing is, i made my ways around it and, now i'm just like any other person in the world :)

except for that third nipple of yours.

skim milk

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2003
Originally posted by: Black88GTA
I read that whole page. Unbelievable. That describes me to a T. :(

I thought I was just shy. Guess you learn something new every day.

exactly, same here

that's why i made this thread.

Indolent

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2003

I find that :beer: is a great medication.

HonkeyDonk

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2001
Um, you don't have that disorder, you may think you do, but you really don't. You're just trying to find an excuse to justify the fact that you are a loser/loner w/ no friends or social life.

This is just like those people who take those personality or psycho or mental online tests and the questions are like "On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the most, how badly do you want to take a gun and shoot someone..."

the results are like: you're 54% crazy, 25% likely to have a mental breakdown, etc, etc, etc. and then they post about it on ATOT saying "wow, I didn't know that I'm mentally unstable"

BULLSHIIT