I just an e-mail from a reporter for the Wall Street Journal.

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
This is interesting.

Just got an e-mail from a Wall Street Journal reporter. He wants me to call him as he has some questions about my firing from Home Depot. He gave me his phone number, and the headers seem legit, and the e-mail is "name@wsj.com" The phone number is for New York. (212 area code )

The e-mail that it was sent to is my AT Forum e-mail. I only use it here, so he must have gotten it here.

So I am kinda freaking out here. Just wanted to let you all know :p I have to go talk to some people before I reply to him.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Evadman
So I am kinda freaking out here. Just wanted to let you all know :p I have to go talk to some people before I reply to him.
Like a lawyer perhaps.

Apr 5, 2000
Just email him back at that @wsj.com - that pretty much proves if he's legit or not. Did he say why he wants to ask you questions?

PsychoAndy

Lifer
Dec 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Evadman
This is interesting.

Just got an e-mail from a Wall Street Journal reporter. He wants me to call him as he has some questions about my firing from Home Depot. He gave me his phone number, and the headers seem legit, and the e-mail is "name@wsj.com" The phone number is for New York. (212 area code )

The e-mail that it was sent to is my AT Forum e-mail. I only use it here, so he must have gotten it here.

Let him know about Ebay's draconian polices too. I've been trying to raise awarenesss for the fleecing of america.

-PAB

freebee

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2000
Call him back.....and st@b him.....

---

You just earned a 2 week vacation.

AnandTech Moderator

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: freebee
Call him back.....and **** him.....
Cya in a couple weeks.
rolleye.gif

Evadman, go for it, it looks legit. Good story too if you ask me.

308nato

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2002
The first article by him on the subject is pasted in the Hot Deals forum on Obese Billfold. Very interesting. Apparently he frequents the online shopping mercenary forums.

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: 308nato
The first article by him on the subject is pasted in the Hot Deals forum on Obese Billfold. Very interesting. Apparently he frequents the online shopping mercenary forums.

Article by who? Certanly not me. I know I went over there to smack the guy up for stealing my post on HD, but I did not start it.

Yzzim

Lifer
Feb 13, 2000
:Q

Sweetness.

I feel cool just replying to this thread :cool:

<---- needs to get out more

OREOSpeedwagon

Diamond Member
May 30, 2001

How could anyone miss the sticky at the top...
rolleye.gif

I'd email him back and ask what kinds of stuff he wants to know and that you'll think about it.

308nato

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2002
The article is by Lieber of the WSJ. Its legit. he has been there for a long time. Call him up. He already refered to you and anandtech in the promo piece. Might as well get yourself quoted. Maybe you will get rich and I can come drive your John Deere someday.;)

Yzzim

Lifer
Feb 13, 2000
Originally posted by: bryce

How could anyone miss the sticky at the top...
rolleye.gif

I'd email him back and ask what kinds of stuff he wants to know and that you'll think about it.

First see if you can get into any legal trouble by answering his questions.

I doubt it, but who would'a thought you'd get fired for posting some Hot Deals :confused:

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Apparently we have a WSJ reporter lurking among us.

I received a PM from a WSJ reporter (sorry can't remember the name, maybe I can locate the PM) a few months ago regarding a Hot Deal, but I declined to be interviewed.

Yzzim

Lifer
Feb 13, 2000
Originally posted by: RossMAN

I received a PM from a WSJ reporter (sorry can't remember the name, maybe I can locate the PM) a few months ago regarding a Hot Deal, but I declined to be interviewed.

:confused:

Why?

You have 23,424 posts here at AT...not like you have anything better to do :p

Take your 15 minutes of fame and run.

LOLyourFace

Banned
Jun 1, 2002

wow.. damn!! :Q

OMG haha i just got a PM now.. the lock is blinking.. "1 new messages" hmm could it be the wsj reporter?

[edit]
nvm.. it was some dude asking about the ending of DBZ from the other thread.. lol :p

PsychoAndy

Lifer
Dec 31, 2000

Shoulda sent him my way :p

-PAB

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Yzzim

:confused:

Why?

You have 23,424 posts here at AT...not like you have anything better to do :p

Take your 15 minutes of fame and run.

The last thing I need is for the world to know that Ross doesn't have a life and spends at least 2 hours a day here.

No thanks.

:D