I heart craigslist

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I decided to sell my truck. I hate the cars.com classifieds my local paper uses. I'd heard of craigslist but never been, so I go. I click on "post an ad". I think "It can't really be this easy" but it is. So I add an ad at about 9pm last night. My truck was sold as of noon today - paid, title signed over, done. Cool.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
lol i thought it was going to be someone selling or offering their virginity on CL.

unsped

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2000
with the whole "how to catch a predator" series being so popular its not safe to use craigslist anymore

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Originally posted by: unsped
with the whole "how to catch a predator" series being so popular its not safe to use craigslist anymore

You mean it's not safe for you to use cragslist anymore?

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

Are you f'in retarded?

Or is my sarcasm meter broken? :confused:

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: Syringer

Are you f'in retarded?

Or is my sarcasm meter broken? :confused:

i think your meter's borked.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
The only part I didn't get was when I surfed through the personals the categories were m4w, w4m, m4m, w4w, t4m, and m4t. The first four I get but WTF is "t".

Toddlers?
Teens?
Toucans?
Tubbies?

tennesota

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
Originally posted by: ironwing
The only part I didn't get was when I surfed through the personals the categories were m4w, w4m, m4m, w4w, t4m, and m4t. The first four I get but WTF is "t".

Toddlers?
Teens?
Toucans?
Tubbies?

You kidding?

Turin39789

Lifer
Nov 21, 2000
Originally posted by: ironwing

Toddlers?
Teens?
Toucans?
Tubbies?

I'm not 100% certain but I would guess it stands for "trans"

chrisms

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2003
I got offered $300 for my desktop that's worth about $50. I declined the offer and removed the listing after realizing that anyone who bought the piece of junk wouldn't be happy with it.

Is sure a comforting feeling though, if I ever get in a bind I can sell my stuff there for a lot more than I paid.

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
Originally posted by: chrisms
I got offered $300 for my desktop that's worth about $50. I declined the offer and removed the listing after realizing that anyone who bought the piece of junk wouldn't be happy with it.

Is sure a comforting feeling though, if I ever get in a bind I can sell my stuff there for a lot more than I paid.

I notice computer parts are way overpriced on CL. Things like P3 500Mhz HP desktops going for $500-$700.00. That's crazy if you ask me.

SleepWalkerX

Platinum Member
Jun 29, 2004
I love craigslist. I browse there every so often. Of course first stop for selling/buying computer parts is FS/FT. ;)

Nutdotnet

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2000
Yup, I sold my heavily modified Jetta on Craigslist for $250 less than asking price...in 4 days!

Lifted

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2004
Just sold about $1,200 in stuff in about 3 days, from first post to last sale. You get a lot of people emailing looking to pay you $50 for a $200 item, but that just goes with the territory.

Used to be good for finding women too, 4 - 5 years ago.

mrrman

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2004

Used to be good for finding women too, 4 - 5 years ago.[/quote]

Now they are all skanks

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
I go there everyday. I always browse the tools.

Although, you'd think I'd get my fill of tools here.

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Originally posted by: Aflac

hahaha quite pwnt.. honestly though, I can't stand this whole craigslist craze thing. For starters, the place has such an ugly interface that looks like it was made for a frickin UNIX text-based web browser if you ask me. 9 times out of 10 if I want to buy/sell something it's small enough to buy/sell on eBay anyway.

mercanucaribe

Banned
Oct 20, 2004
Originally posted by: BrokenVisage
Originally posted by: Aflac

hahaha quite pwnt.. honestly though, I can't stand this whole craigslist craze thing. For starters, the place has such an ugly interface that looks like it was made for a frickin UNIX text-based web browser if you ask me. 9 times out of 10 if I want to buy/sell something it's small enough to buy/sell on eBay anyway.

Craigslist is good because it's simple. You can even post without signing up. It's a breath of fresh air on an internet where you have to register for every damn website.