I have an Internship interview this Thursday!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BEL6772

Oct 26, 2004
My company does 'behavioral interviewing'. While the company you're going to interview with may or may not, I think it would be a good idea for you to google behavioral interview and run through some of the sample questions from some of the sites that pop up. Those questions will get you thinking of specific ways that you demonstrate the skills they may be looking for.

Good luck!

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: MommysLittleMonster

What exactly is business casual? Is it khakis and a button down tucked in (rolled up sleeves) or a polo with khakis? Also, what kinds of shoes are permitted?

Thanx.

Rolled up sleeves are not business anything. He didn't say frat boy casual. Wear casual shoes, not sneakers, not dress shoes.

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
Here's what I wore, and got a job as a jr accountant at a public practice firm:

Khaki's, blue long sleeved shirt with tie, black shoes.

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
Originally posted by: MommysLittleMonster
I am wearing.....

Blue button down dress shirt, tucked in, with top button open...
Dark sand khakis...
Brown Belt...
Brown casual loafers.

No blazer, no suit, no tie....I was prepared to wear a suit and tie, but he told me "we dont do suits and ties here, feel free to dress business casual" and thats exactly what I will do.

Now you ask for advice and go against what most people have said in reply?

Look, I work for a Big 4, have been for almost 5yrs now and hope to make Manager this June. Do not wear cotton khakis and casual loafers! I have Interns working on my jobs and help our recruiting deprtment every year. (We hire 25 interns a year along with 100 associates!) Thats a lot of job interviews and candidates I see.

Business casual in America has gone off the deep end to where people look like crap. What you plan on wearing is fine for a Friday, but not for an interview. Basically show up without your suit-coat and tie.
You will be interviewing with Partners, they wear Wool slacks, starcehd long-sleeve button down shirts, leather soled shoes, and a sport-coat daily. No tie.

I wear this exact ourfit everyday minus the sport-coat. You should show up this way as well. Go ask your career-center on your college campus, I'm sure they can explain it you and maybe, just maybe, you will listen to them.

As I stated before, you need to show some pride in your appearance.

It's an internship, getting an interview is based on your grades, so your past that. Now your on-site interview with partners will primarily be about your personality and how well you interact with others.