I have a nice Extended ATX case, any good E-ATX P35 mobos for gaming?

consolejoker

Oct 28, 2007
So I still have a wicked nice Lian Li PC V1200 extended ATX case, which currently houses my Tyan Thunderbird K8WE mobo and system.

I am ready to go P35 here but would like to retain the nice case. Does anyone know if its possible to put a regular ATX board in there, and if the PC V1200 case is decent for thermals and overclocking by today's standards?

I also believe I have a 600 watt power supply. I don't plan on SLI since its a P35, but I will want to OC the QX6600 and a 8800GTX Ultra. Will this be enough?

Zepper

Elite Member
May 1, 2001
Most EATX cases have mounting holes for all reasonably standard sizes of mobo including mini-ITX as one is a subset of the other.

.bh.

jonmcc33

Banned
Feb 24, 2002
You posted this same question over in the Motherboards forum. I will answer the same here. The P35 chipset is not a server chipset so why do you think there would be an E-ATX version of it?

consolejoker

Oct 28, 2007
Originally posted by: jonmcc33
You posted this same question over in the Motherboards forum. I will answer the same here. The P35 chipset is not a server chipset so why do you think there would be an E-ATX version of it?

Yeah I realize that now. What I'm wondering is if anyone knows if this case will take a regular ATX board. I can't get a firm answer on that from looking at the specs.

I posted this in the main hardawre area by mistake.

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
Originally posted by: consolejoker

Yeah I realize that now. What I'm wondering is if anyone knows if this case will take a regular ATX board. I can't get a firm answer on that from looking at the specs.

I have an Enermax 23-bay server case, and an ATX mobo fit just fine. That's the beauty of standardization. :)

pe3046

Sep 2, 2001
yes this case will hold a normal atx board, my tyan 2865 fits just fine in my 1200

jonmcc33

Banned
Feb 24, 2002
Originally posted by: consolejoker

That case will hold a regular ATX and even a MicroATX motherboard.