I hate you diane feinstein, so much.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: kage69
Feinstein is pro-choice on abortion because "she doesn't want the gov't telling women what to do with their own bodies", but when it comes to pot, all of the sudden she's Sen. SuperNanny. That's intellectually inconsistent and complete hypocricy.

:thumbsup: Looks like Feinstein is out to prove that unabashed hypocrisy isn't solely a (R) problem!

My guess is she'll be reaping the whirlwind on this soon enough - isn't CA largely very much pro-medical marijuana? So she's unrealistically lumping weed edibles (non toxic, non addictive), also a possible tax boon for the cash strapped state, into the same category as The Hard Sh!t in some cliched effort to "save the children"?

I hope the voters remember this display of idiocy on her part, I'm sure those who ingest the edibles for relief from chronic pain and illness won't forget.

Bullshit indeed!

I hope California throws her out on her worthless Republican ass. I wrote her when she voted for the war that I would vote for a Real Republican the next time I needed some worthless asshole to vote like one.

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Feinstein is pro-choice on abortion because "she doesn't want the gov't telling women what to do with their own bodies", but when it comes to pot, all of the sudden she's Sen. SuperNanny. That's intellectually inconsistent and complete hypocricy.

:thumbsup: Looks like Feinstein is out to prove that unabashed hypocrisy isn't solely a (R) problem!

My guess is she'll be reaping the whirlwind on this soon enough - isn't CA largely very much pro-medical marijuana? So she's unrealistically lumping weed edibles (non toxic, non addictive), also a possible tax boon for the cash strapped state, into the same category as The Hard Sh!t in some cliched effort to "save the children"?

I hope the voters remember this display of idiocy on her part, I'm sure those who ingest the edibles for relief from chronic pain and illness won't forget.

Bullshit indeed!

I hope California throws her out on her worthless Republican ass. I wrote her when she voted for the war that I would vote for a Real Republican the next time I needed some worthless asshole to vote like one.

:laugh:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I would submit that by having a Republican ass, she is the living embodiment of bi-partisanship, and therefor - not worthless!

;)

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
Funny, the women conduction the vote for Sotomayor called her Misses Feinstein....no problem with that.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Drift3r
Senator Diane Feinstein (D-CA) introduced S-258 under the name ?Save Kids from Dangerous Drugs Act of 2009.? The enhanced sentences apply to anyone who sells a Schedule I or II drug to a person under 21 when it is combined with candy or packaged to look like candy.

How many 21 year old and under patients are eligible and have a great need for medical marijuana??

LoL - If you've ever seen the Medical marijuana store fronts in San Francisco and Oakland you'll notice the large group of healthy looking young adults (No doubt with phony prescriptions in hand from doctors who can be bribed to give them out) mixed in with the few truly legitimate terminally sick patients. The system is being abused big time in regards to the handing out of "medical marijuana".

Do you expect every disabled person to look like Johnny B. Cripple?

:disgust:

Not saying there isn't abuse in the system, but who are you to judge? Oh you LOOK healthy so you must be.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: bamacre
That shit head voted for the war in Iraq.

So did Biden and Hillary.

Oh well shit, then I take back everything I said.

Well, I guess my point wasn't meant for this topic anyway. :D

As for the OP, it's just no surprise that the disease of social conservatism hasn't just infected the GOP. But their constituents have allowed the infection to be ignored, and that just allows the Democrats to be sick, too.

Since this inaccurate version of history is widely held, it's worth correcting when it comes up.

A vote for the bill was not a vote for war, necesssarily.

I've written at length about this and will stick to the short version here repeating the point.

The bill was promised by Bush to be for getting inspectors into Iraq and he said it was not a vote for war, it was a bill he promised not to use that way. Lots of words about war as a 'last resort'', assuring those who did not want to vote for war. So, both those who did not want war but did support pressure on Saddam to let the inspectors back in that he'd kicked out under Clinton could vote for this; and those who did support could vote for it too as a 'first step'. You have to read their statements and speeches to see which they were.

Not everyone took Bush at his word, and they voted against it.

They turned out to be right, in that Bush broke his word and when the bill worked at getting the inspectors back in, Bush betrayed Congress and the American people.

He ordered war, the war he said would not happen unless WMD were proven, and he ordered the inspectors who were not finding WMD out of Iraq so the war could start.

So, the people who voted for the bill are not accurately decribed necessarily as voting 'for the war'.

Rekonn

May 9, 2000
Ns1, I live in San Francisco, and your post inspired me to send some feedback on Feinstein's page. LINK

"I have just learned about the legislation you proposed, S-258 -"Save Kids from Dangerous Drugs Act of 2009". It is a bill will enhance penalties under federal law for some patients who make or use edible preparations of cannabis.

Cannabis should be treated the same as cigarettes and alchohol - legal, regulated, and taxed. I believe people should have the freedom to make their own decisions, even bad ones. Furthermore, at a time when CA severely hurting for revenue, the cost of enforcement simply outweighs the perceived benefit."

Not sure what else can be done, it's too bad she doesn't come up for reelection until 2012.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Rekonn
Ns1, I live in San Francisco, and your post inspired me to send some feedback on Feinstein's page. LINK

"I have just learned about the legislation you proposed, S-258 -"Save Kids from Dangerous Drugs Act of 2009". It is a bill will enhance penalties under federal law for some patients who make or use edible preparations of cannabis.

Cannabis should be treated the same as cigarettes and alchohol - legal, regulated, and taxed. I believe people should have the freedom to make their own decisions, even bad ones. Furthermore, at a time when CA severely hurting for revenue, the cost of enforcement simply outweighs the perceived benefit."

Not sure what else can be done, it's too bad she doesn't come up for reelection until 2012.

:thumbsup:

marincounty

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005
This is nothing new. Feinstein has always been a middle of the road democrat, and has moved steadily to the right over the years. She is representing lots of moderate Republicans in California.

Cannabis in non-toxic and has never killed anyone. How about we have severe penalties for anyone furnishing the proven killers tobacco and alcohol to minors? It would be far more effective at protecting children than this misguided law.

ManyBeers

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Mursilis
Originally posted by: JEDIYoda
Originally posted by: ManyBeers
How do people who are pro-choice (Sen. Diane Feinstein being one) reconcile the fact that their anti-drug position is a complete contradiction of their pro-choice stance?

so you`ve had one too many beers???

No, dummy, he's making perfect sense. Feinstein is pro-choice on abortion because "she doesn't want the gov't telling women what to do with their own bodies", but when it comes to pot, all of the sudden she's Sen. SuperNanny. That's intellectually inconsistent and complete hypocricy.

Exactly. Totally inconsistent positions.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Craig234

As for the OP, it's just no surprise that the disease of social conservatism hasn't just infected the GOP. But their constituents have allowed the infection to be ignored, and that just allows the Democrats to be sick, too.

Since this inaccurate version of history is widely held, it's worth correcting when it comes up.

I've written at length about this and will stick to the short version here repeating the point.

The bill was promised by Bush to be for getting inspectors into Iraq and he said it was not a vote for war, it was a bill he promised not to use that way. Lots of words about war as a 'last resort'', assuring those who did not want to vote for war. So, both those who did not want war but did support pressure on Saddam to let the inspectors back in that he'd kicked out under Clinton could vote for this; and those who did support could vote for it too as a 'first step'. You have to read their statements and speeches to see which they were.

They turned out to be right, in that Bush broke his word and when the bill worked at getting the inspectors back in, Bush betrayed Congress and the American people.

He ordered war, the war he said would not happen unless WMD were proven, and he ordered the inspectors who were not finding WMD out of Iraq so the war could start.

So, the people who voted for the bill are not accurately decribed necessarily as voting 'for the war'.

Either way, Craig, it doesn't matter. Not one bit. Whether they voted for the war, or let Bush make the decision, it's the same damn thing.

I understand your argument, and I see your point. I just think it's totally irrelevant. They knew what they were doing, and they knew what was going to happen. Why? Because Bush was president, and more importantly, Cheney was VP. PNAC was in charge, and that was obvious. Letting them make the decision is irrelevant, simply because they knew what their decision would be. Sorry, they have blood on their hands, and it doesn't wash away so easily. That's why war is to be declared by Congress, not the President. And handing off their duty to the President doesn't make them innocent. No way, not at all.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Originally posted by: marincounty
This is nothing new. Feinstein has always been a middle of the road democrat, and has moved steadily to the right over the years. She is representing lots of moderate Republicans in California.

Cannabis in non-toxic and has never killed anyone. How about we have severe penalties for anyone furnishing the proven killers tobacco and alcohol to minors? It would be far more effective at protecting children than this misguided law.

It must be the only burning plant matter that is non-toxic :laugh:

Come on, there are legitimate arguments for MJ reform. Saying BS like that just makes you look like a NorCal hippy. Wait...

marincounty

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005
Originally posted by: Craig234

Either way, Craig, it doesn't matter. Not one bit. Whether they voted for the war, or let Bush make the decision, it's the same damn thing.

I understand your argument, and I see your point. I just think it's totally irrelevant. They knew what they were doing, and they knew what was going to happen. Why? Because Bush was president, and more importantly, Cheney was VP. PNAC was in charge, and that was obvious. Letting them make the decision is irrelevant, simply because they knew what their decision would be. Sorry, they have blood on their hands, and it doesn't wash away so easily. That's why war is to be declared by Congress, not the President. And handing off their duty to the President doesn't make them innocent. No way, not at all.

Right, it is the Democrats fault that we went to war because they should have known Bush and his Republican administration couldn't be trusted. That's some twisted ass logic there.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

Right, it is the Democrats fault that we went to war because they should have known Bush and his Republican administration couldn't be trusted. That's some twisted ass logic there.

Total straw man. I said NO such thing.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
It must be the only burning plant matter that is non-toxic

If only you spent as much time reading posts instead of just making them... :(

Hello, LA-ASA Members and Friends. On Friday, August 7, the Los Angeles City Council will vote on a resolution supporting S-258, a US Senate bill that will enhance penalties under federal law for some patients who make or use edible preparations of cannabis.

And it's a real shame you construe marincounty's comments as somehow being disingenuous and stereotypical. His comments were spot on, and your clear contempt for the common sense in his poser does you no favors. But then, you already posted like you didn't even read the OP, so no biggee I guess...

marincounty

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005
Originally posted by: OCguy

Come on, there are legitimate arguments for MJ reform. Saying BS like that just makes you look like a NorCal hippy. Wait...

What BS? This just makes you look like another clueless OC right-winger. Show me any information that cannabis is toxic and has killed someone.

And the latest research shows marijuana does not cause lung cancer, and may have a protective effect against it.

Text

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000

What BS? This just makes you look like another clueless OC right-winger. Show me any information that cannabis is toxic and has killed someone.

And the latest research shows marijuana does not cause lung cancer, and may have a protective effect against it.

Text

If you need help finding information that shows THC in neurotoxic, I dont know what to tell you.

Ok, ill give you one.

http://www.druglibrary.org/crl...oxity_%20JNeurosci.pdf

The obvious argument is that so is alcohol, and that is legal. But no, you have to say something completely ignorant that makes Pro-MJ people look foolish.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
It must be the only burning plant matter that is non-toxic

If only you spent as much time reading posts instead of just making them... :(

Hello, LA-ASA Members and Friends. On Friday, August 7, the Los Angeles City Council will vote on a resolution supporting S-258, a US Senate bill that will enhance penalties under federal law for some patients who make or use edible preparations of cannabis.

And it's a real shame you construe marincounty's comments as somehow being disingenuous and stereotypical. His comments were spot on, and your clear contempt for the common sense in his poser does you no favors. But then, you already posted like you didn't even read the OP, so no biggee I guess...

See my post above. THC is neurotoxic.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: sciwizam

Senator Diane Feinstein (D-CA) introduced S-258 under the name ?Save Kids from Dangerous Drugs Act of 2009.?

Won't somebody please think of the children?

they should have a 'Congress Finds Something Better To Do Than Gore The Public Act of 2009'

marincounty

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005

Text

If you need help finding information that shows THC in neurotoxic, I dont know what to tell you.

Ok, ill give you one.

http://www.druglibrary.org/crl...oxity_%20JNeurosci.pdf

The obvious argument is that so is alcohol, and that is legal. But no, you have to say something completely ignorant that makes Pro-MJ people look foolish.

You are still full of shit.
The definition of toxic is normally: 1 : containing or being poisonous material especially when capable of causing death or serious debilitation <toxic waste> <a toxic radioactive gas> <an insecticide highly toxic to birds>
(http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/toxic)

Marijuana does not kill or cause serious debilitation.

Furthermore, from you own link, "Although there is no direct evidence that marijuana is neurotoxic for human brain, some of the memory de?cits associated with its use may be caused by neuronal death in the hippocampus.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000

Furthermore, from you own link, "Although there is no direct evidence that marijuana is neurotoxic for human brain, some of the memory de?cits associated with its use may be caused by neuronal death in the hippocampus.

Sorry neurotoxic doesnt fit your definition of toxic.

"Marijuana consumption elicits diverse physiological and psychologicaleffects in humans, including memory loss. Here we report that D9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the major psychoactive component of marijuana, is toxic for hippocampal neurons. Treatment of cultured neurons or hippocampal slices with THC caused shrinkage of neuronal cell bodies and nuclei as well as genomic DNA strand breaks, hallmarks of neuronal
apoptosis."

Seriously, if you dont know that MJ kills braincells, you are probably a fucking moron.

marincounty

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005

Sorry neurotoxic doesnt fit your definition of toxic.

"Marijuana consumption elicits diverse physiological and psychologicaleffects in humans, including memory loss. Here we report that D9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the major psychoactive component of marijuana, is toxic for hippocampal neurons. Treatment of cultured neurons or hippocampal slices with THC caused shrinkage of neuronal cell bodies and nuclei as well as genomic DNA strand breaks, hallmarks of neuronal
apoptosis."

Seriously, if you dont know that MJ kills braincells, you are probably a fucking moron.
No, neurotoxic is not the same as toxic, unless you are a moron.
Seriously, show me the deaths associated with marijuana use, or did you just make that up?

Maybe you are just an idiot, or possibly all of your alcohol use has destroyed your brain?