I hate USB

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ahenkel

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2009
Why don't they make waffles out of beer batter? That could be soooo delicious. All that hoppy aroma.

You're welcome

"Belgian" Waffles

- makes about 1 quart of batter, enough for about 6 waffles with a standard Belgian press -
Author's note: Topped with butter and maple syrup—perhaps with some roasted pears and candied almonds, as we serve them at the restaurant—these waffles are the perfect antidote to a chilly Sunday morning.
Ingredients

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (270g)
1 teaspoon salt (7g)
4 teaspoons baking powder (19g)
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda (6g)
2 tablespoons sugar (26g)
5 tablespoons unsalted butter (70g)
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract (~8g)
3/4 cup milk (168g)
1 cup beer (220g; a mild, neutral ale or lager works well)
2 large eggs
Procedure

1. Whisk together all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl to evenly distribute.
2. Melt butter in a medium sauce pan. Add milk and beer and continue to heat until mixture is warm.
3. Whisk vanilla extract into eggs. Slowly pour warm beer mixture into eggs, whisking constantly.
4. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Slowly pour beer-egg mixture into the well, whisking at the center of the well, gradually widening the diameter of your stroke until all dry ingredients have been incorporated. Continue to mix until only a very few lumps remain.
5. Pour into a pre-heated, lightly greased waffle iron (the recipe was developed for use in a Belgian iron, but should work nicely in other types as well). Cook to desired doneness, and serve immediately.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
Something is not right. CPU use is nil with USB 2.0. ESATA may be quicker but not every system is ready or configured so you can walk up and plug it in and begin copying. Sure it's slower but if you're copying lots of tiny files you will be drive i/o bound for the most part. ;)

USB 3.0 will change this and is a welcome refresh. Too bad Intel is dragging their feet on implementing it! To date there are no native (ICH) based boards with USB 3.0. They are all third party (NEC) based.

SAS w/expanders IMO is the way to fly if you have multiple drives. When 10Gbps and (later 100Gbps) adapters (and particularly switches sheesh!) get affordable moving lots of data will be much less of a chore. A 1Tbps LAN sounds fun. 1/10/100/1000 (in Gbits!) here we come! :)

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
This thread is now about waffles.

Waffles.jpg

Waffles are fail without a side of fried chicken

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
Anyone find that USB plugs are sometimes diificult to plug in. Especially if it's blind like behind your monitor. I would think it would be easy but sometimes I find myself fiddling with it.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
thought fried chicken is served with biscuits?

Yes that too, it's also delicious with biscuits, but it's very versatile. I can eat chicken without a waffle, but I don't like to eat a waffle without chicken.

I <3 Roscoes House Of Chicken & Waffles.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Yes that too, it's also delicious with biscuits, but it's very versatile. I can eat chicken without a waffle, but I don't like to eat a waffle without chicken.

I <3 Roscoes House Of Chicken & Waffles.

Never even heard of it. But then, I don't really know USA all that well.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
Anyone find that USB plugs are sometimes diificult to plug in. Especially if it's blind like behind your monitor. I would think it would be easy but sometimes I find myself fiddling with it.

I find that a lot of people tend to fiddle with their junk behind things and especially in the dark. You have to be careful because you may find yourself forcing it into the wrong hole! :eek: