I hate trees.......

NokiaDude

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2002
This morning at school I had a feeling to park closer to the street than usual in my school's parking lot. Well right after school I came back to my car, which had just been washed, claybar'd and polished the afternoon before, to find it COVERED in tree pollen. The $%$%'ing tree about 100 feet away just ruined all the work I did yesterday. I wanted to come back to my car and feel the hood expecting a glass like finish, no I have to feel the pollen f$%^'ing up the finish.

Amorphus

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
you can just spray the pollen off, dude. if your polish can't stand up to a bit of low-pressure water, you shouldn't be using it.

NokiaDude

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Amorphus
you can just spray the pollen off, dude. if your polish can't stand up to a bit of low-pressure water, you shouldn't be using it.

I'm going to try that. If it can't stand it and there's water spots I can hopefully wipe them off with a chamois.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Man you must really hate your avatar NokiaDude :p

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Zim Hosein

:beer::D:beer:

Today, I went thru a new touchless car wash before heading to my aunt's. $7 for basic wash + undercarriage.

Heading up the interstate I come up on a pickup truck. Then I notice a spray hit my windshield. I thought he'd hit his wipers/washer. But then it didn't go away. Then I looked closer and saw water coming out of the bed of his truck and the truck was filthy! It was like rock dust and road salt and was now spattered all over my fascia, hood, and windshield! :|

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Yeah........goddam trees....making all that stupid oxygen that keeps all these idiot higher primates alive so they can post on the intarweb. :disgust:

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: conjur
Originally posted by: Zim Hosein

:beer::D:beer:

Today, I went thru a new touchless car wash before heading to my aunt's. $7 for basic wash + undercarriage.

Heading up the interstate I come up on a pickup truck. Then I notice a spray hit my windshield. I thought he'd hit his wipers/washer. But then it didn't go away. Then I looked closer and saw water coming out of the bed of his truck and the truck was filthy! It was like rock dust and road salt and was now spattered all over my fascia, hood, and windshield! :|
Poor paint.

TheBoyBlunder

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2003
Heh, and here I thought this was going to be about BF1942 or Desert Combat. "Here I was going in for a strafing run when I clipped a tree, cartwheeled my plane and died." Oh well.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Just go get one of those car dusters and dust the pollen off your car. If you think it is bad there, you should see how it is in Georgia during pollen season. Your spit turns yellow there's so much crap in the air.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Queasy
Just go get one of those car dusters and dust the pollen off your car. If you think it is bad there, you should see how it is in Georgia during pollen season. Your spit turns yellow there's so much crap in the air.
I can vouch for this. I come home from a bike ride in April and blow all kind of interesting stuff out of my nose. It's a PITA, but the price you pay for all the beautiful blooming stuff we get every spring. <shrug>

Abhoth

Nov 13, 2002
It's a hard knock life, ain't it!

Take a small terrycloth towel, clean... hose with running water, no pressure/nozzle required... wet car and towel, wipe car down while wetting and gently rub with towel. Then rinse... dry with large terrycloth towels... beach towel size. Lightly dragged across and pat dry... do not apply much pressure with any of the afor mentioned items...
Your towels used for this procedure should never touch the ground and always be clean. Hide them from all others to minimize their abuse. No grit, dirt, sand or guck allowed.

Freejack2

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
Seeing as I live in the northeast and drive all over creation for my job, my car is permanently covered in salt and sand. I have no sympathy for you whatsoever. :p

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
Originally posted by: Fausto
Yeah........goddam trees....making all that stupid oxygen that keeps all these idiot higher primates alive so they can post on the intarweb. :disgust:

That is pretty much what I was gonna type!

thanks Fausto
:)

virtuamike

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2000
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
The tree just made love to your car, and that's how you act? :disgust:

I'd act the same way if an elephant made love to my car. It's my property, I have a right to feel violated.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: virtuamike
I'd act the same way if an elephant made love to my car. It's my property, I have a right to feel violated.
How old is your car? You might be able to have the tree arrested for statutory rape.

virtuamike

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2000
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
Originally posted by: virtuamike
How old is your car? You might be able to have the tree arrested for statutory rape.

Oh definately. My car isn't even 2 years old yet. It's the chair for the elephant.

C'DaleRider

Jan 13, 2000
Originally posted by: Fausto
Originally posted by: Queasy
I can vouch for this. I come home from a bike ride in April and blow all kind of interesting stuff out of my nose. It's a PITA, but the price you pay for all the beautiful blooming stuff we get every spring. <shrug>

That 's the truth!!! Pollen gets so heavy sometimes it almost looks like it's raining the stuff. Oh well, the azaleas and dogwoods in bloom are worth it.