I hate the USPS and their lies

madoka

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2004
I bought an iPad and it was shipped expedited with signature confirmation. I was supposed to receive delivery today, so I waited ALL day at home.

I printed out a large sign on my door saying that I was inside waiting for the package. I either waited by my window or outside sitting on a camp chair looking for the postman. He never showed up.

Then around 6:30 PM the tracking updated saying that the postman attempted delivery at 10:30 AM and left a note. He never came at that time, nor was there any note because he didn't come. Now I have to wait at home again tomorrow for my package.

I'm pretty pissed I wasted an entire day like that. I'm going to give him a piece of my mind over his lie. Is there anything else I can do about this? How is it that they can just make up delivery attempts like that?

Nov 8, 2012
I bought an iPad and it was shipped expedited with signature confirmation. I was supposed to receive delivery today, so I waited ALL day at home.

I printed out a large sign on my door saying that I was inside waiting for the package. I either waited by my window or outside sitting on a camp chair looking for the postman. He never showed up.

Then around 6:30 PM the tracking updated saying that the postman attempted delivery at 10:30 AM and left a note. He never came at that time, nor was there any note because he didn't come. Now I have to wait at home again tomorrow for my package.

I'm pretty pissed I wasted an entire day like that. I'm going to give him a piece of my mind over his lie. Is there anything else I can do about this? How is it that they can just make up delivery attempts like that?

.... He works for the government, do you honestly think there is anything you can do? They can take a dump on their managers desk and they would say "well, we can't fire him for that"

who?

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2012
Yes they can and would fire him for that.
Does your mailbox have the address clearly marked on it in case of a substitute carrier?

Nov 20, 2009
I'm guessing the iPad wasn't purchased from Apple as I thought they used FedEx. Anyway, I have a +16 year long history of the USPS unwilling to tell the difference between the letters H and M in my address and have devolved into not being able to tell the difference between whole street names. At least one out of three Amazon shipments are delivered to someone that has a police record, which means when I go get my goods the shipping package and product package have been opened and evaluated for worthiness of keeping.

Even with the GPS information now recorded for Prime shipments the USPS employee still keeps their job. I now have resorted to using my USPS PO Box with a street address and faux apartment number being the box number. While I knew I could do this it was also the suggestion of the PO annex supervisor or manager as he was apparently unable or unwilling to fix the problem.

And BTW, Amazon doesn't give a shit about the issues of USPS Prime misdeliveries.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Burlap sack, bar of soap, large gym sock. Teach them a lesson bastards!

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
It's too bad that you didn't have a time stamped video camera pointed at the door. Without that, it's just your word versus the crooked postal employee.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
This really is some sort of epidemic with the USPS--claiming failed delivery, obviously never attempting to deliver, and updating the tracking status. I don't understand how this crap continues on.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
This really is some sort of epidemic with the USPS--claiming failed delivery, obviously never attempting to deliver, and updating the tracking status. I don't understand how this crap continues on.
You assume USPS cares about tracking. They do not. They have a tracking service for the same reason mb manufacturer's have a customer service department so, they can say they have one.

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
Fedex and UPS do it too sadly. Though I personally have noticed it more frequently with Fedex over the years than UPS.

Yup around here Fedex is worse because of their 'Home Delivery' option. These aren't Fedex employees, they are independent contractors using their personal vehicles. If they don't feel like stopping by your house then some of them will just skip it.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Bet shit would change if they got paid on delivery rather than paid prior to delivery.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Around here the house Amazon delivery service is actually really good. I think it's called Lasership perhaps?

They call you if they can't get into your building and ask how to proceed. On top of that yesterday I was busy so I missed 2 calls from Amazon that my delivery was at my building around 1:30pm but they couldn't get in because nobody was home. They came back 6 hours later in the evening and still couldn't get in cause nobody was home - I instructed them to leave the packages under the front stair entrance to my building and voila - got home and packages were there.

Even though I am in NJ the caller ID showed Seattle (Amazon headquarters) - Now I know to pick up every time. Cool.

Great service

Nov 20, 2009
I always think of the game postal and how it can go both ways. Like a game where people are waiting on their mail go ballistic and start chasing down mail trucks a la GTA and shooting the mail carriers. Jeez, I'd buy that game. Hear that USPS, I'd buy that game.

Cr0nJ0b

Golden Member
Apr 13, 2004
meettomy.site
somewhat more difficult to fool my "ring" doorbell. I'm also putting a sensor on the mailbox to notify me when it opens. had mail stolen a few times...

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I always think of the game postal and how it can go both ways. Like a game where people are waiting on their mail go ballistic and start chasing down mail trucks a la GTA and shooting the mail carriers. Jeez, I'd buy that game. Hear that USPS, I'd buy that game.
5117350,UfxArizzFgNdryTEAVp3WFGQm_1Qw1jXTQXOHiEtXYx2j1OBM_E20leedsO8mkFZHdDnLiihywZEqCj3S46DMg==.jpg

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Never really had a problem with them. I know my mail man as I sit out on the front porch after work sometimes and he comes in the early evening so sometimes we chat. Remember growing up folks would leave bottles of liquor or gift certificates in the mail box for christmas. People still do that? Anyway with so many employees there are bound to be some fuckups just like FEDX and UPS. We've all seen the videos.

Interesting information.

USPS By the Numbers*
  • 71.4 billion — 2016 operating revenue
  • 153.9 billion — number of mail pieces processed and delivered
  • 47 — percent of the world’s mail volume handled by the Postal Service
  • 1.9 billion — dollar amount paid every two weeks in salaries and benefits
  • 508,908** — number of career employees
  • 130,881** — number of non-career employees
  • 31,585 — number of Postal Service-managed retail offices
  • 227,896 — number of vehicles — one of the largest civilian fleets in the world
  • 37 million — number of address changes processed
  • 13.5 billion — total retail revenue
  • 877.4 million — total number of retail customer visits
  • 24 — percent of retail revenue from alternative access channels
  • 1.7 billion — total number of visits to usps.com
  • 280 million — total Postal Store revenue on usps.com
  • 564 million — number of Click-N-Ship labels printed
  • $1.3 billion — total revenue, in dollars, from postage on Click-N-Ship labels
  • 90.3 million — number of money orders issued
  • 5,989,439 — number of passport applications accepted at post offices
  • $149.7 million — total revenue, in dollars, from passport applications
  • $440.2 million — amount in revenue from 2,835 postal Self-Service Kiosks
  • 1.1 million — number of new delivery points added to the network in 2016
  • 156.1 million — total number of delivery points nationwide
  • 74 — Megan J. Brennan, 74th Postmaster General
  • 0 — tax dollars received for operating the Postal Service
https://about.usps.com/who-we-are/postal-facts/size-scope.htm

Six

Feb 29, 2000
153.9 billion — number of mail pieces processed and delivered

I've lost mail. I've gotten other people's mail. I wonder what percentage is junk mail inflating its six sigma certification. I'm guessing over 95%.