I hate road constructions

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
As if my 170 miles a day commute wasnt enough.... damn roads, why dont they make them more durable.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
Originally posted by: dxkj
As if my 170 miles a day commute wasnt enough.... damn roads, why dont they make them more durable.

It is somewhat humerous that there are still Roman roads that are useable but a typical highway seems to have a lifespan of less than 10 years.

Aug 26, 2004
Originally posted by: Linflas

It is somewhat humerous that there are still Roman roads that are useable but a typical highway seems to have a lifespan of less than 10 years.

roman roads probably didn't have 60K lb semis driving on them either

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
i like road construction

the roads in missouri have been so horrible, last year the voters passed a law for ALL of the gas taxes to go to road construction and they have been spending and doing it FINALLY

i love to see the orange barrels, it means they are fixing the roads

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Linflas

Roman roads probably dont have huge semis driving over them 24/7/365.25

Heisenberg

Lifer
Dec 21, 2001
Originally posted by: FoBoT
i like road construction

the roads in missouri have been so horrible, last year the voters passed a law for ALL of the gas taxes to go to road construction and they have been spending and doing it FINALLY

i love to see the orange barrels, it means they are fixing the roads
It's about time Missouri fixed their highways. Crossing into Missouri from Kansas is like night and day.

TBone48

Platinum Member
Feb 23, 2005

170 miles/day?:Q

You must LOVE your job.