I hate HOTMAIL!!! They deleted 70% of my messages w/o me knowing......

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Howard
Hotmail sucks. My first spam email came in 10 minutes after I registered a new account.

I get maybe 1 - 2 spam messages a day, and I've had this email address for two years. Not too bad, considering it IS hotmail.

Swanny

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
Hotmail works fine for me. Just use OE to check it and then save your messages to local folders.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: BlinderBomber
Originally posted by: Howard
Hotmail sucks. My first spam email came in 10 minutes after I registered a new account.

I get maybe 1 - 2 spam messages a day, and I've had this email address for two years. Not too bad, considering it IS hotmail.

The only SPAM I have received so far are from Hotmail, MSN and McAfee.

My Yahoo email account on the other hand receives at least 15 a day :(

Nightfall

Golden Member
Nov 16, 1999
Originally posted by: t60
Hotmail sucks donkey balls.

People only use it because its too hard to change, or for a spam account.

I agree, which is why I use it for a spam account. :)

And it gets about 50-75 spam mails a day.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000

Hotmail does what i want it to perfectly. it's my catchall email address. i get almost ZERO spam with my other email addresses because of my hotmail address. i have NO complaints with hotmail.

Waynetek, btw, if you want to store emails from Hotmail account, set it up in outlook express. than you can transfer the emails you want to keep to your HD.

other than that, i find it foolish that you blame hotmail because you don't know how to work within their limitations.

WayneTeK

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2002
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold

Hotmail does what i want it to perfectly. it's my catchall email address. i get almost ZERO spam with my other email addresses because of my hotmail address. i have NO complaints with hotmail.

Waynetek, btw, if you want to store emails from Hotmail account, set it up in outlook express. than you can transfer the emails you want to keep to your HD.

other than that, i find it foolish that you blame hotmail because you don't know how to work within their limitations.

thanks!

SithSolo1

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2001
Originally posted by: isekii
Originally posted by: Desslok
I am guessing you never read the user agreement.
rolleye.gif

Yahoo has a 4 meg limit.

mine has 5

6 for me