I guess I am done with linear, point A to point B games...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
SHow me someone who beat it in even 24 hours back when it came out. Those games were lengthy by sheer newness and hardness. Sure people can speedrun them but that was after spending countless hours dying over and over.

I never beat that game. I could get to Frankenstein's Monster and Igor without losing a life every time, but I don't think I ever got past him. I tried over and over again, but never beat that boss. I think it was a mental block, but I would love to go back and finally beat Castlevania! I love the sequel, and could beat that in 20 minutes or so after a while, but Castlevania 1 was too hard for me. Heck I even beat Mike Tyson's Punch out many times without beating that stupid Frankenstein's Monster in Castlevania.

Blitzvogel

Platinum Member
Oct 17, 2010
Open world games are fun, but sometimes a good point to point game is good, where the action is kept focused and concise.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
I never beat that game. I could get to Frankenstein's Monster and Igor without losing a life every time, but I don't think I ever got past him. I tried over and over again, but never beat that boss. I think it was a mental block, but I would love to go back and finally beat Castlevania! I love the sequel, and could beat that in 20 minutes or so after a while, but Castlevania 1 was too hard for me. Heck I even beat Mike Tyson's Punch out many times without beating that stupid Frankenstein's Monster in Castlevania.

LOL. Yea..me either, I could never get past the Grim Reaper boss. Not even sure how far it was into it, but I don't think it was even halfway. That game was just plain hard.

Beat the other NES Castlevanias though, although 3 was my favorite at the time, seems most people liked 2 best.

I beat Mike Tysons and Ninja Gaiden over a weekend when I borrowed my friends copies. They'd had them for 2-3 months and hadn't beaten them and didn't believe me. So I beat Tysons in front of them in a few hours.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
Really? I thought that was one of the easier bosses in the game. Reaper was really the only hard one, even Dracula wasn't that bad. His fireballs were worse than when he turned into his true form.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
I beat Mike Tysons and Ninja Gaiden over a weekend when I borrowed my friends copies. They'd had them for 2-3 months and hadn't beaten them and didn't believe me. So I beat Tysons in front of them in a few hours.
Interesting...