I got the pop-up ad again

John

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I am sure Anand has contacted the ad agency on this already.

dcpsoguy

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2000
jumblies,

Do not use that program, or anyother program that blocks ads. You are shortchanging ANANDTECH and any other website by doing this. Ads are one of the only ways that websites make money, and If you block ads, you will make these sites go into financial trouble, and eventually die

jumblies

Banned
Nov 23, 2000
Oh please. Popups are annoying! Banner ads are OK, which AT does a nice job with, but PU stink. You can click-close until your finger bleeds, but I'll rely on automation.

If they are so cool, why have there been so many threads started on this rather benign one?

By the way, who died and made you king? Oh, I'm sorry I confused you for human... you're really just in marketing.

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
I love Anand's own reply to the popup ad stuff..

<< This really pisses me off, I'm really sorry about this guys, as you all know we definitely do not endorse popups and our ad agency knows very well that I find them completely unacceptable regardless of the price. I just got in and I'm going to get on it right away.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and I will get rid of them asap.

Take care,
Anand
>>

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Some of us just find no value in ads. I'm one of these fellas. If I see an ad I'm more likely to *avoid* a product because I was born skeptical out of the womb. I'm a researcher who never buys on impulse. Ads might introduce a product to me but never sells one. So for me, blocking ads might actually be beneficial for the companies advertising. :)

Anyway pop-ups definitely go above most of our tolerance levels. It's because of them that I downloaded WebWasher and more recently this pop-up stopper app. So, it's in the best interests of Anand to yank that pop-up asap, lest everyone starts blocking ads/popus.