I Don't Think Obama Can Close The Deal

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Well get used to it, because that "SOB" is going to be your next president.

Ozoned

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2004
Originally posted by: BeauJangles
Originally posted by: Ozoned
Originally posted by: GTKeeper
If Obama wins 360+ electoral votes, will you then say 'oh, my bad, I was wrong' ... of course you won't. Another Dave-like partisan HACK.

Sure, why not. Then I will get in line with you to get my handouts.

Handouts?

Massive amounts of money spent advertising. High pressure sales tactics. And He still hasn't closed the deal. Tonights add will be more of the same. The SOB running around everywhere telling americans what they need, and not once asking them what they want. CAN HE CLOSE THE DEAL. I DON'T THINK SO.

He's up approximately 7 pts in the polls, he has about an 88% chance of winning the election, he's winning every "battleground" state, and has had record turnouts for his rallies... and who are you accusing of being out of touch?
Where have I heard this before? Why do these operatives think that he HASN'T closed the deal yet?

So, your argument is that the election isn't over until it's over?

For more groundbreaking stories including "the sun will come up tomorrow" and "gravity works" stay tuned!
Seriously, at this point all I have is un-answered questions.....

Ozoned

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2004
Originally posted by: ayabe
If Obama is sworn in, he WILL be my president. I wouldn't deny him that, unlike what some people are willing to do.

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
If Obama wins 360+ electoral votes, will you then say 'oh, my bad, I was wrong' ... of course you won't. Another Dave-like partisan HACK.

Handouts?

Massive amounts of money spent advertising. High pressure sales tactics. And He still hasn't closed the deal. Tonights add will be more of the same. The SOB running around everywhere telling americans what they need, and not once asking them what they want. CAN HE CLOSE THE DEAL. I DON'T THINK SO.

He's up approximately 7 pts in the polls, he has about an 88% chance of winning the election, he's winning every "battleground" state, and has had record turnouts for his rallies... and who are you accusing of being out of touch?
Where have I heard this before? Why do these operatives think that he HASN'T closed the deal yet?

So, your argument is that the election isn't over until it's over?

For more groundbreaking stories including "the sun will come up tomorrow" and "gravity works" stay tuned!
Seriously, at this point all I have is un-answered questions.....

He is killing McCain in every measurable metric. Does that mean he'll win? No, but it certainly stacks the odds in his favor. His campaign is doing all the right things. They aren't resting on their laurels and Obama is out there every day campaigning and getting his message out.

If you even read what you posted, those "experts" are telling Obama to do exactly what he is doing right now. In fact, what you posted brings nothing new to the table besides "Obama will win if he keeps doing what he's doing."

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005

Thought they handouts were happening now thanks to the repubs?

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
of course he hasn't "closed the deal" the election isn't over yet :roll:

Here is the thing, as far as campaigning goes the Obama camp has run probably one of the most successful national campaigns ever...at least up to this point. I think alot of people have every confidence that over the next 6 days there will be no let up and no complacency coming from this campaign.

Its funny, but now its Obama's confidence that is being attacked. Nothing is ever satisfactory for the partisans.

Ozoned

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2004
Originally posted by: RichardE

Handouts require congressional approval.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005

Only to fund bonuses for bank and wall street execs or maybe junkets.

I mean who keeps tabs on silly things like that anyways? It's only money, we're only spending about a trillion dollars.

Stop worrying.

Mean MrMustard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2001
Originally posted by: winnar111

It's not a handout if you call it a tax cut! :laugh:

Yep! Tax cuts without spending cuts. Way to go, Bush!

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005

Handouts require congressional approval.

Oh thats right, I forgot how the repubs wouldn't let it go through till they were bribed more or less. Who came up with the idea? Oh thats right...small government repubs...

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008
Originally posted by: ayabe
If Obama is sworn in, he WILL be my president. I wouldn't deny him that, unlike what some people are willing to do.

Gee, that's big of you.

In the meantime keep hoping and praying because anything can happen..... ask Truman.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: OneOfTheseDays
John McCain is losing in nearly every single major battleground state poll and has been for the last month. The election is a formality at this point.

New material. I haven't ever heard that before.:roll:

New material? Here's dose or reality. In Sept John McCain in his own state had a 21 point poll lead, it is now down to 5. In contrast Obama in his own state has enjoyed a comfortable 20+ lead for several weeks now.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: classy
Originally posted by: OneOfTheseDays
John McCain is losing in nearly every single major battleground state poll and has been for the last month. The election is a formality at this point.

New material. I haven't ever heard that before.:roll:

New material? Here's dose or reality. In Sept John McCain in his own state had a 21 point poll lead, it is now down to 5. In contrast Obama in his own state has enjoyed a comfortable 20+ lead for several weeks now.
Yep, like I said, this election is over.

We should almost be mad at McCain at this point for not conceding and saving the money of people driving around, electricity for voting machines, etc.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
"I Don't Think Obama Can Close The Deal" That's not what your mom said. I keed I keed.

On a serious note-
The SOB running around everywhere telling americans what they need, and not once asking them what they want.
Wasn't that part Of Bush's 2k run? To criticize Clinton as a poll president? For always sticking his finger in the wind, instead of being what he was later dubbed "The Decider"? Were you upset with Bush for that? Have you previously voiced your displeasure on the internet about it?

GTKeeper

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2005

I unlike you apparently, don't need handouts and you will stay in line by yourself.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Originally posted by: DAPUNISHER
"I Don't Think Obama Can Close The Deal" That's not what your mom said. I keed I keed.

On a serious note-
The SOB running around everywhere telling americans what they need, and not once asking them what they want.
Wasn't that part Of Bush's 2k run? To criticize Clinton as a poll president? For always sticking his finger in the wind, instead of being what he was later dubbed "The Decider"? Were you upset with Bush for that? Have you previously voiced your displeasure on the internet about it?

You've obviously missed the hundreds of threads he's started about how much he regretted voting for Bush twice. Pay attention! ;)

-Robert

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Originally posted by: chess9

You've obviously missed the hundreds of threads he's started about how much he regretted voting for Bush twice. Pay attention! ;)

-Robert
Thanks to the financial meltdown, I' am too poor to pay attention. :p

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Originally posted by: Dari
One thing that's been consistently said about Obama is that he's a good listener.
Well good. Maybe he will listen to these democratic operatives that have said that he hasn't closed the deal yet. Doubtful.
Well, the obvious is that it's not possible in any way whatsoever to "close the deal" until the votes are counted.

Troll...

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
Massive amounts of money spent advertising. High pressure sales tactics. And He still hasn't closed the deal.
I think I read something to the effect that the deal can't be closed until 11/4/2008.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: DAPUNISHER
Originally posted by: chess9

-Robert
Thanks to the financial meltdown, I' am too poor to pay attention. :p

You and me both brother, you and me both! :(

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Every one on both the winning and losing side of every election says they are going to win right before election day. Sad to say Ozoned, you are starting to have about as much credibility as the previous recent record holders, the PaulBots. Much of the wind in their sails died when the early primary results came out, and by 3/08, the Paulbots were a totally discredited and dispirited bunch. But I am sure the Paulbots will be happy to let Ozoned share their embarrassment. Misery loves company.

Even as a partisan dem, its not time to be over confident or complacent, but its extremely unlikely that McCain can or will win without some external new event causing it.

Ozoned

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2004
Originally posted by: Lemon law
Every one on both the winning and losing side of every election says they are going to win right before election day. Sad to say Ozoned, you are starting to have about as much credibility as the previous recent record holders, the PaulBots. Much of the wind in their sails died when the early primary results came out, and by 3/08, the Paulbots were a totally discredited and dispirited bunch. But I am sure the Paulbots will be happy to let Ozoned share their embarrassment. Misery loves company.

Even as a partisan dem, its not time to be over confident or complacent, but its extremely unlikely that McCain can or will win without some external new event causing it.
I am a single issue voter. Mccain lost my vote when he capitulated on that issue.